Hautamaki: My Minnesota Christmas List to Santa (#1. A QB for the Gophers)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
HAUTAMAKI: MY MINNESOTA CHRISTMAS LIST TO SANTA

Dear Santa,

I sent my Christmas list off to you weeks ago, but with a little time left before you visit southwest Florida, I thought I’d write up a second, sports-themed list.

I know these are some pretty big asks but after Monday you’ll have some free time to work on it and I’d appreciate any help you could offer. I’ll pay you back with some fresh seafood and spiced rum next year.

1. A quarterback for the Minnesota Gophers.

P.J. Fleck’s first legitimate recruiting class is the best the U of M has seen in a decade, Santa, boasting a national ranking just outside of the top 25. The previous crew, reeled in by Tim Brewster in 2008, was led by a handful of four-star recruits and a couple of guys, MarQueis Gray and Tramaine Brock, who both went on to become Vikings.

Fleck’s group has potential, too, but quarterback is still a major question mark. Vic Viramontes looks to be the early favorite to win the starting job but he was a junior college transfer and a late find.

The U’s passing game stinks, Santa, and has for a long time. Can you help them figure it out?

http://www.virginiamn.com/opinion/c...cle_e4c59094-e859-11e7-9745-3b2f2a26cf1e.html

Go Gophers!!

Vatchit dere, youse guys! Vee Ranjers are a purty tough bunch!

I wish for six 4-Stars a shining in 2019!

Good work Bleed. I think this is the first time I’ve seen my hometown Mesabi Daily News quoted on GH. Gopher Football has not historically been covered well “up der”.

Top Bottom