No Fleck interview report

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Sorry to report, but can't listen to Fleck interview today on the Sports Huddle. At my mother's house for Christmas and don't have good Internet connection - keep losing the live stream on 'CCO.

Merry Christmas SON.
Thanks for your effort on this each week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

I listened.

I'll try to remember some of it.

I think they asked Fleck about the class.
Fleck said he was really happy with it.

Sid asked about recruits who would start or at least play this year.
Bateman and Oliver were two that were mentioned.

Sid asked about early enrolling in January.
Fleck said they have (6 or 7, Fleck knew the number, I don't remember). That it was good for them to get into the realm of going to class and getting familiar with the team. It's really helps.

Forget what another question was, but Fleck talked about recruiting. Recruiting year round. Building relationships. Been recruiting 2019's for a while. It goes over a year. Some go back to before Fleck was here.

Sid asked to compare the two classes, last year and this year.
PJ said they had 12 months instead of a few weeks. Was able to build longer relationships.

Maxie asked him about what he tells recruits. If they will play or not.
Fleck says you have to be honest with the players. They are smart. They'll know if you BS them.
He says he'll lay it out. "If we have someone good in front of them, we'll tell them, we have a Senior or Junior ahead of you, but we'll red-shirt you your first year since it will be hard to compete with them, then you'll start 4 years, or compete for that spot against that player when they are a Senior, then probably be in line to compete / start as a Redshirt Freshman or Sophomore, then start each year after that.

I'm sure I'm missing something else, but nothing to surprising if you listened to PJ much this week.

Sid gave a Murray's certificate. Said Murray's likes it when PJ and his lovely bride come there.

Some double talk between PJ and Sid at the end.

Happy holidays. Go gophers, Row the boat, ski u Mah!

----

After that, they spoke with Jerry Kill briefly.

Sid elaborated how much he misses Jerry and that Jerry did a bunch of really good things at the U.

They asked Jerry about how hard it was to step down.
He said it was really tough, but his body doesn't allow him to do it.
No regrets. If he hadn't tried one more time, he wouldn't know if he could.
Should have stayed in the admin role he had at K-State.

Another question, forgot what was asked.

Jerry said he and Rebecca missed our area and loved the people here.
Jerry said after it happens, a lot of people are prideful in what they've done, and people get sensitive through job changes. (this sounded like Jerry and Tracy backing off for their upset-ness with the coaching change last year)

Mona or Sid asked about Tracy Claeys.
Kill talks to him every couple days and he's got a couple possibilities out there. Maybe something will hit after the bowl game.

Murrays gift certificate from Sid. Talked about Jerry's lovely wife, Rebecca.

Some joke was made about Sid dating someone. Jerry said Sid was two-timing Rebecca and would have to face her about that. She saw him lately with someone else.

After the break Max said it sounds like Tracy is in line for a coordinator position, and that's no small coin.

Hi all,

I listened.

I'll try to remember some of it.

I think they asked Fleck about the class.
Fleck said he was really happy with it.

Sid asked about recruits who would start or at least play this year.
Bateman and Oliver were two that were mentioned.

Sid asked about early enrolling in January.
Fleck said they have (6 or 7, Fleck knew the number, I don't remember). That it was good for them to get into the realm of going to class and getting familiar with the team. It's really helps.

Forget what another question was, but Fleck talked about recruiting. Recruiting year round. Building relationships. Been recruiting 2019's for a while. It goes over a year. Some go back to before Fleck was here.

Sid asked to compare the two classes, last year and this year.
PJ said they had 12 months instead of a few weeks. Was able to build longer relationships.

Maxie asked him about what he tells recruits. If they will play or not.
Fleck says you have to be honest with the players. They are smart. They'll know if you BS them.
He says he'll lay it out. "If we have someone good in front of them, we'll tell them, we have a Senior or Junior ahead of you, but we'll red-shirt you your first year since it will be hard to compete with them, then you'll start 4 years, or compete for that spot against that player when they are a Senior, then probably be in line to compete / start as a Redshirt Freshman or Sophomore, then start each year after that.

I'm sure I'm missing something else, but nothing to surprising if you listened to PJ much this week.

Sid gave a Murray's certificate. Said Murray's likes it when PJ and his lovely bride come there.

Some double talk between PJ and Sid at the end.

Happy holidays. Go gophers, Row the boat, ski u Mah!

----

After that, they spoke with Jerry Kill briefly.

Sid elaborated how much he misses Jerry and that Jerry did a bunch of really good things at the U.

They asked Jerry about how hard it was to step down.
He said it was really tough, but his body doesn't allow him to do it.
No regrets. If he hadn't tried one more time, he wouldn't know if he could.
Should have stayed in the admin role he had at K-State.

Another question, forgot what was asked.

Jerry said he and Rebecca missed our area and loved the people here.
Jerry said after it happens, a lot of people are prideful in what they've done, and people get sensitive through job changes. (this sounded like Jerry and Tracy backing off for their upset-ness with the coaching change last year)

Mona or Sid asked about Tracy Claeys.
Kill talks to him every couple days and he's got a couple possibilities out there. Maybe something will hit after the bowl game.

Murrays gift certificate from Sid. Talked about Jerry's lovely wife, Rebecca.

Some joke was made about Sid dating someone. Jerry said Sid was two-timing Rebecca and would have to face her about that. She saw him lately with someone else.

After the break Max said it sounds like Tracy is in line for a coordinator position, and that's no small coin.
Was Jerry ever fired anywhere or did he always move up to a better job?

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Fleck always brings up Oliver when asked about freshmen who will play right away (in addition to speaking about him in glowing terms at the NSD press conference). He must just be that good, because there are (at least) 4 seniors and juniors lined up to get a lot of PT at 3 positions.

Thanks "Face the Facts" for stepping in. Of course a hearty Merry Christmas to Son for his work for some time now. In addition to 65 for his work for so long. Merry Christmas to all despite our differences from time to time. Its time to take a look at ourselves about 2017, take a look at our commitments in life as to what we bring to this world in a positive way now and forever more.

Go Gophers!

Fleck always brings up Oliver when asked about freshmen who will play right away (in addition to speaking about him in glowing terms at the NSD press conference). He must just be that good, because there are (at least) 4 seniors and juniors lined up to get a lot of PT at 3 positions.

Yes, his comments have surprised me too because he is consistent and declaritive in his remarks. I would have thought Coughlin would be going back to linebacker? Plus, Martin, Barber, Cashman, and Huff. Is Guthrie in the mix?

He did say more about Oliver.

Talked about his speed. (Not sure if 4.5 - 40 or something) and that he hits hard.

He's made that point a couple times that he hits hard.
He must think he's can bring something the defense is lacking despite our LB depth.

And Merry Christmas to everyone.
You all seem like fine people despite our debates on here. It's a blessing to have what we have.

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas

He did say more about Oliver.

Talked about his speed. (Not sure if 4.5 - 40 or something) and that he hits hard.

He's made that point a couple times that he hits hard.
He must think he's can bring something the defense is lacking despite our LB depth.

And Merry Christmas to everyone.
You all seem like fine people despite our debates on here. It's a blessing to have what we have.

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas Face and everybody on here. It is an interesting time checking in here.

DL65 wherever you are, thank you for all the Sports Huddle recaps! To you my dear SON, thanks for picking up where DL65 left off.

No Sunday was complete until after I read your reports!

Merry Christmas to you both!

DL65 wherever you are, thank you for all the Sports Huddle recaps! To you my dear SON, thanks for picking up where DL65 left off.

No Sunday was complete until after I read your reports!

Merry Christmas to you both!

Thank you hungan1 for your gracious words and good wishes!

And thank you SON for your excellent recaps. I’m so glad you stepped up when I bowed out.

To all gopherhole members: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. May you have a joyous season, and I hope the next year is everything you hoped it would be and more.

Go Gophers!!

Merry Christmas everyone.

Despite my opinions being different than others, I'm happy to try and share Gopher info as much as I can. Happy to help.

Greetings. Should be getting home sometime on Monday. I will try to listen to the podcast and see if I can add anything to Face's report. My brother-in-law, the Badger fan, was asking me about the Gophers' recruiting class. He said some of the Badger fans he follows on-line were all bent out of shape over the Gophers having a higher-ranked class than Wisconsin.

Top Bottom