Reusse

GoldenBoy13

Novice
Reaction score
Anyone else catch his poor attempt to take once again another shot at Brewster and the "unintelligent players" he recruits in the paper this morning. The strib needs to part ways with someone that feels the need to bring down someone after one of the best nights of college sports this state has experienced in the last decade.

Whether you like him or not the end of the article is correct:

"There are no excuses. More than at any time in 50 years, mediocrity should be a firing offense at Minnesota."

Why is it so hard for people who don't like him to ignore him? This board is obsessed with him. That is a good thing for him. Best way to show you dislike of him is to ignore him.

Ruesse is a ruesse. Although he's entirely correct in that there is no longer anything stopping us from building a winning program other than just getting it done, he's such a prick i know exactly what he's doing with this article. Anybody who plays close attention knows Brew will have a tough time making a bowl with this year's schedule. There is nothing outside of surprise and luck that will create anything more than a mediocre record at best this year. Most of Ruesse's readers don't know the difference and you can bet when the year ends and Brew does all he can do going 6-6 or 7-5 Ruesse will call in his mediority = failure claim and Blast brew painting a negative spin on a worthy season. He's just a prick.

Why is it so hard for people who don't like him to ignore him? This board is obsessed with him. That is a good thing for him. Best way to show you dislike of him is to ignore him.

Because he's an enemy to the program. We need to treat him as such and put negative/hackism spin back on him as much as we can and diminish his reach and credibility as much as possible. It's just as important as anything else we do that could grow gopher fan support.

Good thinking. Keep clicking on his columns and publicizing them.

He's already got plenty of publicity. While it is true that we could ignore Reusse's columns, you realize that you could ignore posts about Reusse...

Good thinking. Keep clicking on his columns and publicizing them.

Terrible attempt at a smart ass comeback after not having anything of substance to response to Schnoodler about (after he shoved your comments up your ass).

Reussue is a fat ass b!tch and is trying to undermine the program (or Brewster, which in essense, is the program)

Some people's obsession with Reusse is nearly as frightening as PantherHawk's obsession with Minnesota.

While I think you would be apt in comparing Ruesse to PantherHawk, your comparison of Gopher fans defending their program to Pantherhawk is a pile of Ruesse.

Rosebowl appearaance will shut up Reusse

Hopefully we can make it to a rosebowl before Mr. Reusse retires

Ruesse is a ruesse. Although he's entirely correct in that there is no longer anything stopping us from building a winning program other than just getting it done, he's such a prick i know exactly what he's doing with this article. Anybody who plays close attention knows Brew will have a tough time making a bowl with this year's schedule. There is nothing outside of surprise and luck that will create anything more than a mediocre record at best this year. Most of Ruesse's readers don't know the difference and you can bet when the year ends and Brew does all he can do going 6-6 or 7-5 Ruesse will call in his mediority = failure claim and Blast brew painting a negative spin on a worthy season. He's just a prick.

I couldn't put it any better than this. Great post.

I don't think anyone here should get that bristly over this column. It's a bit strident, but Reusse is basically right. In fairness to Brewster--who I generally like--I don't think he's going to make excuses if it doesn't get done on his watch.

right, but the article was written so he gets it in people's heads that a .500 season will be a terrible season and worthy of a firing. probably so he can gain some backers for an article he can write calling for Brews head when they actually do finish about .500 with this tough schedule.

What is correct to say is if this team is still .500 in two years, it will be worthy of a firing as it will be a team of all Brew's players.

Reusse makes his money being anti-establishment. He has not been the friend of any UofM coach but he really hates an optimist which is the opposite of him. If Mauer bats 400, wins the batting title and MVP, he will still write his story about the mediocer Twins. The only stories he writes with a positive outlook are small town baseball stories and golf. The opening of the new TCF stadium should be a story that everyone could write a positive uplifting story. There are times for taking a critical approach but last night was not the night.

Top Bottom