Mason Injury

brucekaupa

**** Commander
Reaction score
Didn’t see what happened in person (was focusing on Murph completing yet another double double), but he couldn’t flex it or put weight on it at all.

whats the word?

And IF he can’t come back, is it too late for medical redshirt?

Nothing yet. Sure didn’t look good. Hope it’s just a lot of initial fear from an ankle turn - those can hurt like crap initially. Who knows though. We can’t afford to lose him, and more importantly, hope it’s nothing that hurts his future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everybody holding their breath as this could have a huge impact on the season. IW is a talent but he can not be counted on to consistently run the O.

This program can never have good luck. Hopefully it's not a break and he's back in a couple weeks.

Officially a lower leg injury. Make of that what you will. I think an Achilles injury would be evident; this probably requires x-rays.

Don’t think it’s a break but looked like an achilles injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate that description as it tells us nothing but understand why they have to be non-specific.

Total speculation: broken big toe. It looked like he went straight down on the tip of his foot off the trip. Also looked like he said “it broke” to the trainer when he came out. I really hope it’s not an Achilles

Worst fear is that it's an Achilles.

This has to be a torn Achilles.. once again a key piece of our team gets sniped from above.. God hates us

And IF he can’t come back, is it too late for medical redshirt?

I believe the break-off point is 30% of your schedule, including any post-season games. That means once you pass roughly 10 games, it is no longer an option.

Total speculation: broken big toe. It looked like he went straight down on the tip of his foot off the trip. Also looked like he said “it broke” to the trainer when he came out. I really hope it’s not an Achilles

Even a broken toe probably means he's out 2 months.

I believe the break-off point is 30% of your schedule, including any post-season games. That means once you pass roughly 10 games, it is no longer an option.

You can still try.

I could see this. The FIU kid came down hard on Masons toes.

Would figure that in a game where they are finally playing the way we all expected and blowing out a non-conf opponent something like this would happen. Really hope it isn't anything serious but it certainly didn't look good (never want to see a guy not willing/able to put weight on it). Hopefully it will prove to be something minor that he can come back from relatively quickly.

Washington has shown a lot of improvement of late, here's hoping we don't need to thrust him into an extended starting role.

At the end of the game we had a pretty good lineup not available to play-
Jarvis, Mason, Dupree, Curry, Stockman

Pitino mentioned in the post game interview that Mason will get an MRI, not a good sign.

Pitino mentioned in the post game interview that Mason will get an MRI, not a good sign.

Not a good sign but also not shocking. Pretty SOP on anything that looks like more than a minor injury these days.

Not necessarily bad. MRIs are pretty standard, even if something seems straight forward. Why guess when you can get an an actual image of something internal?

That precludes a broken toe. Sprained ankle or achilles are the two main probabilities. The problem is that it did not look like a typical ankle injury.

I'm guessing a broken bone in his foot. Just the awkward way his foot connected with the other guy's, plus that he didn't immediately grab his Achilles upon falling makes me hope that's not the issue.

I don't like the way he grabbed the back of his foot. It just screams of an achilles injury. I am sure hoping for the best. C'mon Nate....give us some decent news!!!!

All I want for Christmas is a healthy Nate Mason. Please Santa.

I don’t think it is an Achilles. He wasn’t putting pressure on it like your typical Achilles injury. I think it is a broken bone in the foot but that doesn’t mesh with MRI. Maybe a sprained foot?

Top Bottom