Mason Injury

Assuming Nate and McBrayer can’t go next game or two, who spells IW at the point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Richard Coffey has pined for Amir to play point...so here's his chance. [emoji41]

Richard Coffey has pined for Amir to play point...so here's his chance. [emoji41]

Best news and so happy for him. I was less concerned after hearing Doggie but still we need him to heal for the Big.

What's Amir, 6'7"- 6'8"? Hmmm, Magic Johnson was a tall point guard and he was pretty good. If he's quick enough, let's see what he's got.

What's Amir, 6'7"- 6'8"? Hmmm, Magic Johnson was a tall point guard and he was pretty good. If he's quick enough, let's see what he's got.
It would be an interesting experiment against Harvard. We would be bigger.

So happy this isn't serious like it looked like. Not the worst time for this to happen either. Let him rest and get back to 100%, IW time to learn and develop. This will be great experience for him!

If nothing else, it would be very interesting to watch. It has seemed to me that one of Coffee’s weaknesses is his ball handling. Perhaps I’m wrong on that, as he generally has not been asked to carry a heavy load in that regard. I guess this would help answer that question.

I’m also curious to get thoughts on Rudrud. He obviously has gotten little play thus far and most of us have assumed he will pretty much spend his career in mop-up duty. However, when he has played (albeit very limited time), he has impressed me with his poise and scoring touch. Anyone have an inside scouting report on him in practice? I’ve been strangely intrigued by him as potentially a reserve guy to get minutes in situations like this.

If nothing else, it would be very interesting to watch. It has seemed to me that one of Coffee’s weaknesses is his ball handling. Perhaps I’m wrong on that, as he generally has not been asked to carry a heavy load in that regard. I guess this would help answer that question.

I’m also curious to get thoughts on Rudrud. He obviously has gotten little play thus far and most of us have assumed he will pretty much spend his career in mop-up duty. However, when he has played (albeit very limited time), he has impressed me with his poise and scoring touch. Anyone have an inside scouting report on him in practice? I’ve been strangely intrigued by him as potentially a reserve guy to get minutes in situations like this.

My opinion of Rudrud is he's around Stephon Sharp level. He's not gonna look completely lost out there and you'd be fine with him getting 5-10 min a game, but if he's playing serious minutes every night you're in trouble.

My opinion of Rudrud is he's around Stephon Sharp level. He's not gonna look completely lost out there and you'd be fine with him getting 5-10 min a game, but if he's playing serious minutes every night you're in trouble.

I think Sharp was a much higher level caliber walk-on. He had a D1 offer from Hampton coming out of HS and was a better HS player than Rudrud

I thought has Rudrud looked over matched athletically even against bad teams like FAU and the other ones where he has gotten mop up duty. I really hope he never plays meaningful minutes. I was fine when Sharp had to though.

Whew....big relief on Mason. Losing him for an extended period of time would have been really hard for this team. Next few games are good ones for IW to get a lot of minutes and continue his development against non-conf teams.

Whew....big relief on Mason. Losing him for an extended period of time would have been really hard for this team. Next few games are good ones for IW to get a lot of minutes and continue his development against non-conf teams.

Just one more NC game and conference play begins Jan 3.

Back when Coffey was being recruited, I remember some stories that Richard was telling college coaches that Amir wanted to go to a program where he could be a play-maker - like a "point forward" type of player.

Maybe he'll get the chance to show what he can do. If nothing else, lets the team show another look and give opponents something different to prepare for.

Back when Coffey was being recruited, I remember some stories that Richard was telling college coaches that Amir wanted to go to a program where he could be a play-maker - like a "point forward" type of player.

Maybe he'll get the chance to show what he can do. If nothing else, lets the team show another look and give opponents something different to prepare for.

I thought Pitino had an opportunity to run with that after mason left but with the recruitment of Washington I see this team style changing significantly next year.

We have a ton of players that would benefit from an up and down game and washington leading the break with guys like Coffey, Oturu, Murph to pass to while Jamir and Gabe linger on the outside...

I thought Pitino had an opportunity to run with that after mason left but with the recruitment of Washington I see this team style changing significantly next year.

We have a ton of players that would benefit from an up and down game and washington leading the break with guys like Coffey, Oturu, Murph to pass to while Jamir and Gabe linger on the outside...

And Curry

And Curry

I know I missed him. I don’t recall him being especially suited to run up and down the court. I feel like he’s going to be solid no doubt. Just not as athletic if memory serves me correctly.

I know I missed him. I don’t recall him being especially suited to run up and down the court. I feel like he’s going to be solid no doubt. Just not as athletic if memory serves me correctly.

Disagree, Curry ran the floor like a deer pre-injury, very impressive for a big man.

Obviously we just need to hope he can retain that athleticism upon his return.

Could Mason please limp off the court next time so he doesn't scare every gopher fan to death.

Ankle sprains really really hurt sometimes. Guessing he was scared/unsure of the injury. Probably took 10-15 minutes to realize it wasn't more than a sprain and even then you want the MRI to confirm.

Could Mason please limp off the court next time so he doesn't scare every gopher fan to death.

Coming from a guy with MD in his name, I'll take this as medical advice. I'll just throw in that the getting carried off the court might send the fan base into a renewed connection with Divine Goodness, which wouldn't be a bad thing.:)

It is interesting to observe each persons personal pain tolerance. Some will feel the pain intensely while others will walk it off. Both are legitimate responses.

Top Bottom