Mason Injury

The Achilles injuries I’ve seen in person doesn’t hurt like he was reacting. The worst thing I had that caused major pain was stubbing my toe hard against another player. My toe nail got blood under it and wholly god did that hurt - I learned to lance it to reduce pressure ( hot pin thru toe nail) mason didn’t look like he sprained it from the video replays - hoping its not a break or turf toe (another player had turf toe a couple of years ago and was a while coming back)

Yeah. I feel like 2-3 weeks is best-case.

Ya. If he's back before Feb, I think it will be amazing. You don't get carried off the court with a non weight bearing ankle and come back in 2 weeks. 4-6 is my guess.

I guess silver lining here is jelly has to assume lead guard and has a chance to to grow up quickly, growing pains and all. If we can play well wnough in conference play to earn a bid, mason may be back by ncaas and can get us hot going into March.

Doogie says the initial fear is that it's "not good". But it's Doogie so...

I like them moving Coffey to the 2 and Hurt to the three - more length, better defense - Hurt moves the ball well and really plays team ball - Fitzgerald finally looked good tonight also(showed flashes of the buzz about him being one of the best players in practice) mason is a big cog to miss - maybe it will light a fire under the rest of the team

This sucks. For the fans, for the team, for Mason especially. Hope this doesn’t hurt his professional dreams. I am having Dre Hollins flashbacks and it hurts my soul

I just kept saying, "no...no..." It was such a lively crowd til that point and just a hush fell.
The movements done by the trainer didn't seem like achilles to me (and I work with injuries). A sprain, tear can be worse than a break in terms of healing, full recovery. Toe fracture seems possible.
I guess what I hope now doesnt impact what it is, but hopes for a full recovery seem to be in tune. Love Mason - this hurts.

Achilles tear can be diagnosed without an MRI. Mine snapped and it really wasn't that painful and the doc knew exactly what it was right away.

Sure hope its something else.

Gopher MBB Twitter says he's day to day. As we all are.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ya. If he's back before Feb, I think it will be amazing. You don't get carried off the court with a non weight bearing ankle and come back in 2 weeks. 4-6 is my guess.

I guess silver lining here is jelly has to assume lead guard and has a chance to to grow up quickly, growing pains and all. If we can play well wnough in conference play to earn a bid, mason may be back by ncaas and can get us hot going into March.

Unless you are Paul Pierce in the nba finals and you return in the same game

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

We're also all dying.

This feels like good news.

Unless you are Paul Pierce in the nba finals and you return in the same game

Between that and Curt Schilling, clearly Boston stole all our good karma (along with Ortiz, Moss and KG).

Glad this is the case. Considering all Nate's meant to the program he deserved to play out his senior year. We really don't talk about him enough.

Fantastic news about Nate. I am very happy for him. Now I can finally direct my attention to a Viking victory over the Packers.

Fantastic news about Nate. I am very happy for him. Now I can finally direct my attention to a Viking victory over the Packers.

Hoping for a win but more importantly no more MN sports injury news.

What did Joe Mauer have to do with this ?&#55357;&#56860;

This is as good a time as any to have an injury like this. I think we could get away without his services for the first BIG game as well. Heal up young fella!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Assuming Nate and McBrayer can’t go next game or two, who spells IW at the point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah team really hit with cury out and mcbrayer and mason. Hope to get both mcbrayer and mason back healthy for big ten season

Glad this is the case. Considering all Nate's meant to the program he deserved to play out his senior year. We really don't talk about him enough.

Very much agree. He has been a bit of an overshadowed player this year with Murph elevating his game as much as he has. Mason has clearly improved as well.

Silver lining.

Baptism by fire for IW. This is exactly what he needed. He was never going to get extended minutes with Nate around.

Top Bottom