Gophers receive commitments from Cole Kramer and Jason Williamson

DanielHouse

Reaction score
Less than 24 hours after completing one of the top recruiting classes in program history, P.J. Fleck and his staff began the process of 2019 recruiting. They started by adding two in-state products to the roster. Eden Prairie quarterback Cole Kramer and Owatonna running back Jason Williamson have committed to the Gophers.

Cole Kramer is one of the most efficient quarterbacks you will find. Cole completed 71 percent of his passes for 1,191 yards and 18 touchdowns during his junior season. The more impressive stat: he didn’t throw a single interception. I watched two of his games live this season and came away impressed with his arm talent and touch on deep throws. He is a pocket passer and displays excellent mechanics in the pocket as a passer. Along with all of those traits, he takes care of the football and is accurate across all levels of the field. This is a really nice addition for the Gophers as they attempt to add capable arms to their roster.

Running back Jason Williamson of Owatonna was one of the more dynamic weapons in the state. He rushed for 2,316 yards and 38 touchdowns. He was named to the Minnesota Vikings All-State team last weekend and was Gatorade player of the year in Minnesota. Williamson displays an explosive first step and an underrated gear in the second level. He also runs patiently and creates additional yardage because of it. When he gets to the edge, he creates big plays because of his quick cutbacks and low rushing angles. Williamson is a dynamic weapon and true playmaker the Gophers have added to their 2019 class.

Less than 24 hours after completing one of the top recruiting classes in program history, P.J. Fleck and his staff began the process of 2019 recruiting. They started by adding two in-state products to the roster. Eden Prairie quarterback Cole Kramer and Owatonna running back Jason Williamson have committed to the Gophers.

Cole Kramer is one of the most efficient quarterbacks you will find. Cole completed 71 percent of his passes for 1,191 yards and 18 touchdowns during his junior season. The more impressive stat: he didn’t throw a single interception. I watched two of his games live this season and came away impressed with his arm talent and touch on deep throws. He is a pocket passer and displays excellent mechanics in the pocket as a passer. Along with all of those traits, he takes care of the football and is accurate across all levels of the field. This is a really nice addition for the Gophers as they attempt to add capable arms to their roster.

Running back Jason Williamson of Owatonna was one of the more dynamic weapons in the state. He rushed for 2,316 yards and 38 touchdowns. He was named to the Minnesota Vikings All-State team last weekend and was Gatorade player of the year in Minnesota. Williamson displays an explosive first step and an underrated gear in the second level. He also runs patiently and creates additional yardage because of it. When he gets to the edge, he creates big plays because of his quick cutbacks and low rushing angles. Williamson is a dynamic weapon and true playmaker the Gophers have added to their 2019 class.

How is the 2019 class going to be highly rated if we get 2 low 3 stars? Better be getting alot 4* going forward!

Both are 3 stars according to 247, 3 and 4th ranked players in the state behind Benhart and Carroll. PJ Fleck keeping the best players in the state is always a good thing

Will this recruiting class impress the two top MN players two commit to the Gophers?

Both Carroll and Benhart can prosper in Ed Warinner's system.

How is the 2019 class going to be highly rated if we get 2 low 3 stars? Better be getting alot 4* going forward!

There both top 1000, but I suspect this is tongue and cheek. So counting Richer that's three in state guys, just gotta close the deal with the two big fish and the wall is up

If they get one of the two I'll be happy.

Both are 3 stars according to 247, 3 and 4th ranked players in the state behind Benhart and Carroll. <b>PJ Fleck keeping the best players in the state is always a good thing</b>

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting the right players is more important than our rating by the Todd McShay types of the world. Carson Wentz only had offers from

Missouri Valley teams and a bunch of FCS teams. Getting these two guys right now is a tremendous start to the recruiting season 2019.

Fleck offered and they committed, so their rating should get a bump soon. I wonder if they will be asked to continue to accept offers, so their ratings continue to rise.

Getting the right players is more important than our rating by the Todd McShay types of the world. Carson Wentz only had offers from

Missouri Valley teams and a bunch of FCS teams. Getting these two guys right now is a tremendous start to the recruiting season 2019.

'Todd McShay types' rating our players would be a good thing as McShay is an NFL Draft analyst rating NFL Caliber players & talent, not a recruiting analyst. A better use of a name would have been 'Tom Luginbill types'. Just saying. :cool:

'Todd McShay types' rating our players would be a good thing as McShay is an NFL Draft analyst rating NFL Caliber players & talent, not a recruiting analyst. A better use of a name would have been 'Tom Luginbill types'. Just saying. :cool:

I find it fascinating that people think they have to argue someone’s opinion. Probably don’t even believe in there own argument.

I find it fascinating that people think they have to argue someone’s opinion. Probably don’t even believe in there own argument.

And you may ask yourself, "What is that beautiful house?"
And you may ask yourself, "Where does that highway go to?"
And you may ask yourself, "Am I right? Am I wrong?"
And you may tell yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

Or as they play there Sr. Season, they blow up and 247 figures it out and bumps them up to a high 3* or 4*

Williamson has some pretty amazing stats. Kick returns and all purpose yards through the roof.

Williamson has some pretty amazing stats. Kick returns and all purpose yards through the roof.

I'm pretty excited about him. I was hoping that the Gophers would give him a shot, but I didn't think they would.

Jason Williamson really put up some eye popping numbers.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/5508771/5a1ce43c0427b90f3099a492' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

You've got to be impressed with Cole Kramer's arm.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/5655002/59f9f08642060311c8df1d77' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jason Williamson really put up some eye popping numbers.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/5508771/5a1ce43c0427b90f3099a492' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

He looks fast, athletic and shifty, but where is the defense?

Williamson looks like a good athlete. Hard to say against that competition. But he has the raw tools to play. Hard to say what position he ultimately ends up at

It's almost as if he's playing against awful competition

Fair enough, but at least his production didn't drop off against the better teams they played. He had big games in the playoffs against Mahtomedi , Brainerd and Elk River. Granted those teams aren't on the national radar for talent.

Honestly, it's a bit of a relief to see a Gopher QB commit that can throw the football well. Beyond just that, from his highlights anyway, it appears that this kid has a pretty good sense for throwing on the run, which could be a huge plus and something we haven't seen much of around here for some time.

Fair enough, but at least his production didn't drop off against the better teams they played. He had big games in the playoffs against Mahtomedi , Brainerd and Elk River. Granted those teams aren't on the national radar for talent.

Great player in a Conference (Big 9) with great football history.
Regardless of what one thinks of competition level, that conference has outstanding football alumni. Kitzmann, Giel, Smith, Stetler, Staats, Thompson, Setterstrom (although Northfield was not member when Mark played in HS), He Who Shall Not Be Named from Mankato West, et al.

Congrats to Jason Williamson. May he go on to the U and accomplish great things as many of his Big 9 predecessors did.

Great player in a Conference (Big 9) with great football history.
Regardless of what one thinks of competition level, that conference has outstanding football alumni. Kitzmann, Giel, Smith, Stetler, Staats, Thompson, Setterstrom (although Northfield was not member when Mark played in HS), He Who Shall Not Be Named from Mankato West, et al.

Congrats to Jason Williamson. May he go on to the U and accomplish great things as many of his Big 9 predecessors did.
Let's not forget one Mr. Jay Carroll

Top Bottom