First 2019 Commit - Cole Kramer

Nice. I figured it wouldn't talk long. I'd be surprised if there aren't one or two more by the end of the year. Congrats to Cole and PJ.

Do we know the number of scholarships available for 2019? Will it be smaller than 2018?

This isn't a slap at previous coaching staffs going way back, but it's pretty obvious that Fleck doesn't f*ck around when it comes to recruiting.

This isn't a slap at previous coaching staffs going way back, but it's pretty obvious that Fleck doesn't f*ck around when it comes to recruiting.

I think he considers it job #1.
I believe he's doing it almost constantly.

As someone who was a big Claeys supporter I have to give credit where credit is due, Fleck can recruit. Hopefully, he can coach players up like the previous staff and we can start winning some championships!

As someone who was a big Claeys supporter I have to give credit where credit is due, Fleck can recruit. Hopefully, he can coach players up like the previous staff and we can start winning some championships!

We obviously don't know how things are going to turn out. I'm always a bit torn. On the one hand, there's never been a pony that's won the Kentucky Derby. But on the other hand, all the speed in the world doesn't help if you run in the wrong direction. I just respect the energy Fleck is bringing and hope it translates.

Fleck is getting better players, according to a lot of people, then the previous staff and I think he can coach, or at least his assistants can. I'll take a 4 star who can maybe get coached up to a 5 over a 2 star who can maybe get coached up to a 4.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I'll take any player, from any state, that helps the Gophers win real football games.

But LOVE to see in-state players commit!

Excited for Kramer. He will have a great senior season. Williamson has incredible stats. Anyone have a 40 time on him? Faalele and Dunlap enter school next month. They should be able help reel in Turner and more from IMG! Yes, this is fun.

Kramer in his two years as a starter at EP has thrown 31 TD's and zero INT's.

Excited for Kramer. He will have a great senior season. Williamson has incredible stats. Anyone have a 40 time on him? Faalele and Dunlap enter school next month. They should be able help reel in Turner and more from IMG! Yes, this is fun.

247 has him at 4.65 40

Fleck is getting better players, according to a lot of people, then the previous staff and I think he can coach, or at least his assistants can. I'll take a 4 star who can maybe get coached up to a 5 over a 2 star who can maybe get coached up to a 4.

I'll take players who help us win more games. Not much into all the fantasy stuff, myself.

This is great news. Focus on the top MN kids as a high priority - love it!

The last 4 Gopher Coaches likely would have landed these two players, but it's also great the Fleck has them on board early and ready to ROW.

QB will now have Vic, Morgan, Annexstad, and Kramer in 2019. Will be interesting to see how that affects the recruiting of the position. If they can't take 25 kids next year, can they get by with only Kramer and maybe another PWO and have 2020 be the next big push for QB. I don't think they will turn away a 4* QB in 2019 if it happens, however.

QB will now have Vic, Morgan, Annexstad, and Kramer in 2019. Will be interesting to see how that affects the recruiting of the position. If they can't take 25 kids next year, can they get by with only Kramer and maybe another PWO and have 2020 be the next big push for QB. I don't think they will turn away a 4* QB in 2019 if it happens, however.

Based on the year distribution at the position in 2019, I wouldn't rule it out.

Viramontes (Jr.)
Morgan (So.)
Annexstad (RFr.)
Kramer (Fr.)

They're still pushing for Bachmeier for 19 and are supposedly in a pretty good spot for him as of now. Plan is for 2 2019 QBs.

Burns is on KFAN with JG and thinks Williamson projects as a LB at the next level. Will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Add in Jason Williamson RB Owatonna

Like to see this. Watching him in the state championship, I was very impressed. If he “only” runs a 4.65, it shows how relatively slow our MN kids are. Because Williamson looked so quick running the ball.

Burns is on KFAN with JG and thinks Williamson projects as a LB at the next level. Will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Perhaps we would have a LB returning kicks. He averaged 40 yards return as a junior.

Top Bottom