First 2019 Commit - Cole Kramer

Like to see this. Watching him in the state championship, I was very impressed. If he “only” runs a 4.65, it shows how relatively slow our MN kids are. Because Williamson looked so quick running the ball.

A legit 4.65 is fast for HS anywhere in the country.

Perhaps we would have a LB returning kicks. He averaged 40 yards return as a junior.

Do realize they play the worst competition in the state for the first 10 games of the season. Until state they faced one team with a winning record. Section 1 has some of the worst 4A and 5A programs.

Do realize they play the worst competition in the state for the first 10 games of the season. Until state they faced one team with a winning record. Section 1 has some of the worst 4A and 5A programs.

And they destroyed Elk River 62-26. Previous competition appears not to matter.

What is really the difference between a 4.4 or 4.6?

Nothing, of course. Nor 4.8, or 5.0 for that matter. The speed with which you cross the goal line is irrelevant. They all count for 6 points.

And they destroyed Elk River 62-26. Previous competition appears not to matter.

Owatonna was head and shoulders the class of 5A. Elk River gave up over 30 points per game and Owatonna used to run the same offense, which showed in the game.

I have no doubt Williamson will contribute to the Gophers over the next 5 years.

Yet they lost to Northfield which has a pretty good program.

If you compare 40 yard dash times.

A 4.2 will finish about a yard sooner than a 4.3.

Same for 4.3 over 4.4.

Each tenth of a second ends up being about a yard difference.

Here is a good article on 40 times for both college and high school.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...13-nfl-combine-high-school-40-yard-dash-times

Manti Te'o ran a 4.82 when leaving college after running a 4.6 in high school.
This is not unusual.... SEC and Big Ten both have slower athletes leaving college than what the reported high school 40 times are.

I didn't even read the linked article, but I know without looking that the "4.6" in high school was hand-timed, which translates to about a 4.84 electronic. That means that he essentially maintained the same speed through college while also putting on probably 30-40 lbs. of good weight.

If you compare 40 yard dash times.

A 4.2 will finish about a yard sooner than a 4.3.

Same for 4.3 over 4.4.

Each tenth of a second ends up being about a yard difference.

And they all count for 6 points when crossing the goal line.

And none of those times are in pads and helmet, with a ball tucked under your arm.

Watched this kids video and a few things are evident.

He makes the decision quickly and the ball comes out fast. Reminds me a little of Case Keenum in his style.
He does the little things like pump fakes and fake pitches and play action really well.
Very accurate passer.

Like that he has another complete year to develop his craft under a great coaching staff. Great get for MN.

Want to see him improve on the sideline out route. Prove he has the arm to get it out there fast while still in the pocket vs. rolling out. I didn't see that on the video.

4.65 is not fast that’s the most rediculous thing iv ever heard

I think he said a 4.65 is fast for high school. I have to agree with that. A guy I played with in high school who played college ball and outran everyone all the time and not once was caught from behind ran a 4.6. Just shows you how blazing fast these guys that run a legit 4.4 which really are not that many when you watch the NFL scouting combine. So is 4.65 fast? Depends upon what your are comparing it to. Other high schoolers...yes, NFL...no.

I think Gray and Cobb both ran 4.6 and neither struck me as slow when playing.

I think he said a 4.65 is fast for high school. I have to agree with that. A guy I played with in high school who played college ball and outran everyone all the time and not once was caught from behind ran a 4.6. Just shows you how blazing fast these guys that run a legit 4.4 which really are not that many when you watch the NFL scouting combine. So is 4.65 fast? Depends upon what your are comparing it to. Other high schoolers...yes, NFL...no.

I think Gray and Cobb both ran 4.6 and neither struck me as slow when playing.
Gray ran a 4.73 at the NFL combine.

KSTP: Eden Prairie QB Cole Kramer Reacts to Committing to Gophers

Eden Prairie junior quarterback Cole Kramer chatted with KSTP Sports' Darren Wolfson about his 2019 commitment to the Minnesota Gophers.

Kramer talked about why he chose the Gophers, P.J. Fleck's attitude, getting the call from Fleck when he was offered the scholarship, what he needs to improve on in the offseason and next year, still beaming from the state championship victory, and much, much more.

Kramer also received interest from Iowa and Michigan State. He was the first commitment for the Gophers' 2019 Class.

http://kstp.com/sports/eden-prairie-quarterback-cole-kramer-commits-to-minnesota-gophers/4757450/

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

per Shama:

Quarterback Cole Kramer told Sports Headliners he has the academic credits to graduate early from Eden Prairie High School and he has finalized plans to start classes in January at the University of Minnesota.

Eden Prairie coach Mike Grant learned of the news last week. “Well, I think it’s a good idea for a quarterback to do it,” Grant said. “Him and I have talked about trying to do that, and get in there early. Then he goes through a spring practice, and that’s beneficial.”

Cole will be able to sign paper work for his scholarship in December, along with other high school football players throughout the country. He was the first player in Minnesota’s 2019 football recruiting class to verbally commit.

Cole drew interest from Iowa and Michigan State before committing to the Golden Gophers. Is there a possibility he will flip his verbal commitment and not attend Minnesota? What circumstances could cause that to happen?

“Nothing. I am committed fully to the Gophers, and that’s where my heart is and that’s where I will stay,” Cole said.

What if the Gophers had a dreadful record in 2018? “I don’t care what will happen (with the record) this year,” Cole said. “I love the coaches. I love everything that they’re doing. They’re going in the right place (direction). With what coach (P.J.) Fleck did with Western Michigan, how he went from a poor season all the way to 13-0, I totally believe we can do that, too.”

Other schools have backed away from pursuing the Eden Prairie senior who is “100 percent” on Minnesota. “They (other schools) kind of know I am set in stone with the Gophers,” Cole said.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/page/2/

Go Gophers!!

per Sid:

• Eden Prairie football coach Mike Grant on Cole Kramer, who has committed to the Gophers: “He’s as good of a quarterback as you can find in the country, not just the state. He has a great arm, he can run, he’s fast, has great composure. I mean, he has led our team and he is as good as we have seen in Minnesota. I know the Gophers are lucky to have him.”

http://www.startribune.com/laquon-treadwell-aims-to-keep-learning-with-vikings/498121291/

Go Gophers!!

per Sid:

• Eden Prairie football coach Mike Grant on Cole Kramer, who has committed to the Gophers: “He’s as good of a quarterback as you can find in the country, not just the state. He has a great arm, he can run, he’s fast, has great composure. I mean, he has led our team and he is as good as we have seen in Minnesota. I know the Gophers are lucky to have him.”

http://www.startribune.com/laquon-treadwell-aims-to-keep-learning-with-vikings/498121291/

Go Gophers!!

More competition at QB, the better.

per Shama:

Eagles senior quarterback Cole Kramer, who plays for the Gophers next year, is the only 6A QB ever to start in three consecutive state title games.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Elite commentary but considering 6A football has only existed since 2012...

Only 14 teams have ever played in a 6a state title game. Eden Prairie I think has been 6 of those 14 teams.

So not quite as elite of a stat

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom