Food at TCF

RodentRampage

Reaction score
I thought the food options were pretty good. I had a bacon cheeseburger and fries, both were quite good. My brother had the walleye fingers, they were pretty good. There was also Dino's and Subway available. The lines were awfully long at halftime, but I got my food just as I walked in.

The only vendors that I saw coming through the stands were the ice cream vendors. I don't know if the same was true for all sections. If they had soda and hot dog vendors coming through the stands, that might ease some of the congestion in the councourse at halftime, as some people would have already had their food.

only thing was...they kept running out and couldn't give oders up on the spot...

Food experience an F

Soft pretzel was hard and everyone ran out of food at halftime. They better rethink the whole process by next week. People missed a whole quarter waiting in lines. They lost a lot of money last night. At least they had TV's and an open view to the field so I could see some of the action.

When you have games over the noon hour and dinner time you better be prepared. Also it is 2009 and they had calculators to ring up orders. Concourse is double the dome and was no better with the concessions lines.

I didn't eat, I wanted to try the walleye fingers. I saw a soda/peanut vendor in our section a couple of times, but that was all I noticed.

To be honest, I already miss Dome Dogs. The hot dog I had was a poor substitute. I also can't believe they were using calculators instead of actual Point of Sale machines. I hope those are at least on order and something prevented them from being installed in time for the first game. A season with calculators would be inexcusable.

Regarding the wider concourse, I still don't understand why the U said this would be a benefit, because you have to remember that there is only one concourse servicing both the first and second decks. Sure it may be wider, but you'll also have twice as many people in it. The lines are going to be really, really long and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Hopefully the addition of dedicated POS machines will speed up the flow of the lines so more people can be served in a timely manner.

Also, I was disappointed at how few venders I saw. I'm on an aisle in 117 and I saw 2 venders prior to the game and none thereafter. Surely more vendors selling the basics would allow for less people needing to get out of their seats, right?

Also, I was disappointed at how few venders I saw. I'm on an aisle in 117 and I saw 2 venders prior to the game and none thereafter. Surely more vendors selling the basics would allow for less people needing to get out of their seats, right?

I, for one, was pleasantly surprised by the lack of aisle vendors. I suppose it would help people getting up and down but to me it gets obnoxious and annoying having a vendor in your aisle during every minute of the game.

I couldn't agree more on the lack of vendors coming up and down the aisles. I was in section 219 and we didn't see one vendor the entire game. This forced everyone to have to go to the concourse which was terribly slow. The gentleman in front of me went to get chicken strips for his son at half time and didn't get back till the start of the 4th quarter.

There should at least be a hot dog and beverage vendor up and down every aisle once per quarter.

I had one of those Mayslacks sandwich and for the hype of it and forking out 6 bucks for a roast beef sandwich with a couple of pickles and onions. I wont be having that again. Shouldnt there be some sauce to go on the sandwich???

I went down at halftime and said forget it. I found a soda vendor and got a pop. I saw one vendor and it was before the game started selling mini donuts.

we had three or four vendors prior to the game, then didn't see one 'til the end of the fourth quarter - sec 115

Concession lines were SO SLOW, I stood there for 10 minutes and moved 2 feet. I turned around and went back to my seat.

i was shocked as well

Concession lines were SO SLOW, I stood there for 10 minutes and moved 2 feet. I turned around and went back to my seat.

but they were slow because of CALCULATORS!! I was told during the gameday preview that machines would be in for the first game but they still must be back-logged or something...still got a nice looking souvenir cup

I, for one, was pleasantly surprised by the lack of aisle vendors. I suppose it would help people getting up and down but to me it gets obnoxious and annoying having a vendor in your aisle during every minute of the game.

Vendors serve an important purpose. Those who carry "core" items like soda and hot dogs are one of the most important tools available to keep congestion down in the concourse and they prevent disruption in the stands as less people will need to leave/enter their row. Do you also get annoyed by fans who stand and cheer? Those folks cause you much more disruption than a handful of vendors ever could.

Do you also get annoyed by fans who stand and cheer?

No, quite the opposite. Most of our section stood and cheered the entire game.

I can understand your point and you're probably correct. Maybe it was just the section I was sitting in yesterday but I took note of the fact that there weren't any distractions from aisle vendors OR people going "up and down" all game.

I don't think the calculators were the first problem. The problem is lack of vendors and the fact they could not get the food made fast enough or completely ran out.

Hopefully the will learn and continue to improve on all of these things, much like our team! Someone mentioned the ticket idea, like they did at Stub's and Macnamera pregame. You could just buy a bunch ahead of time and you wouldn't need to deal with change. Of course vendors would get no tips. Okay, on second thought, they will never do this.

If the decision was made to not have cash registers (a ridiculously bad decision), then the very least the U could have done was hired people with the ability to do basic math in their heads. As I watched my math-deficient concessionstand person painfully carry the one on a small pad of paper, I felt like screaming "IT'S 14.50! IT'S 14.50!!"

No calculators was bad. Running out of food was very bad. The combination was a complete failure.

Top Bottom