2018 Gopher Decommits

WinLoseOrTy

Reaction score
One of the question marks going into this signing day was would the Gophers strategy of getting so many early commits (spring and summer) lead to more decommits than usual. PJ Fleck and staff did an impressive job of holding onto a vast majority of the class.

Here is the short list of players who decommited from Gophers for 2018 class. If I missed anybody let me know.

Jalen Mayfield --> Michigan
Oyenmwen Uzebu --> West Virginia
Brennan Armstrong --> Viginia
Noah Shannon --> Iowa
Tyrik Henderson --> ?
Shamaur McDowell --> ?

Yes, the circumstances of each case can be debated (player's choice/we cooled/grades/etc). But I love what I saw this recruiting cycle.

Did we ever really determine what happened with Henderson and McDowell?

One of the question marks going into this signing day was would the Gophers strategy of getting so many early commits (spring and summer) lead to more decommits than usual. PJ Fleck and staff did an impressive job of holding onto a vast majority of the class.

Here is the short list of players who decommited from Gophers for 2018 class. If I missed anybody let me know.

Jalen Mayfield --> Michigan
Oyenmwen Uzebu --> West Virginia
Brennan Armstrong --> Viginia
Noah Shannon --> Iowa
Tyrik Henderson --> ?
Shamaur McDowell --> ?

Yes, the circumstances of each case can be debated (player's choice/we cooled/grades/etc). But I love what I saw this recruiting cycle.

Edmonds decommitted too, technically.

and correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Mayfield was never a hard commit....just waiting to hear from Mich. Minn was alway going to be a back up situation at best.

We cooled on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Armstrong (the story is..) was mutual.

PJ mentioned yesterday that the head coach / QB relationship needs to be strong.
If PJ wasn't able to trust what the kid was saying, it seems like that might be enough for him to move on.

Or

Maybe he really wanted to go to Virginia instead.

I think for the next couple years, we are better off with Vic.

But I'm wrong a lot.

With Richter re classifying it would have been nice to keep Shannon, but we still have a couple more spots to fill I believe

Top Bottom