Gophers football recruits bond through Instagram and … hypnosis

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

The Instagram live videos from Gophers football players started popping up around midnight on Dec. 9.

The majority of Minnesota’s incoming recruiting class — many of whom will sign national letters of intent beginning Wednesday — were enthralled by the work of a hypnotist during their official visits to campus. The audience was laughing and documenting the action with cameraphones as their teammates and future teammates became sleepy … very, very sleepy.

Since the social media videos can be quickly expunged, the official record of the events are hazy, especially for those hypnotized. St. Cloud Tech’s Brevyn Spann-Ford was put in a trance, and said he found out later he was asked to act as if he was the fastest typist. St. Paul Highland Park’s Josh Aune also was put under and role-played as if he was the world’s greatest jack-hammer user as well as a backup dancer in a Beyonce music video.

For years, members of Gophers recruiting classes, players spread across the country, have bonded over text message threads and group Snapchat stories. This new group is in the same mold, sharing videos of them dunking basketballs and talking about their goals at Minnesota.

“Every time I talk to those guys I’m just more excited to play with them because I think we’re really going to do something really special here,” said Lakeville North center Nathan Boe. “We’re going to win some games and win some championships. It’s going to be a lot of fun with those guys; we all get along well.”

Other times, its a bit of a circus, with the ringleader often being Eden Prairie’s Benny Sapp III, the son of the former Vikings cornerback by the same name.

“It’s always Benny clowning around in there,” Spann-Ford said. “It’s funny. He’s always sending some videos of him singing and messing around dancing, things like that.”

https://www.twincities.com/2017/12/19/gophers-football-recruits-bond-through-instagram-and-hypnosis/

Go Gophers!!

Oh man, Fleck is brilliant! Hypnotize them into signing with Minnesota!

Top Bottom