Class of 2018 National Signing Day Thread - Tweets, Analysis and More

It’s interesting the flirtation the staff has had with Craig Williams, Verdis Brown and Taiyon Palmer here at the finish line. From a mutual interest standpoint, you’d have to think these were the three finalists for a possible last scholarship. I think the Williams ship has sailed but I’m keeping an eye on both Brown and Palmers’ recruitment based on 1) Richter’s reclassification leaving us with one DT and 2) the staff flying out to visit Palmer AFTER the eLITepalooza event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there are two scholies open, I'd take them both. Verdis Brown I can see him potentially either at OC or at DT.
Taiyon Palmer at CB will be a major upgrade in the backfield.

The Gophers better be ready for the spread/no huddle offense. They need to have enough depth in the backfield to rotate players in and out. Scott Frost will be instituting the offensive scheme that he used at UCF.

Yes, it will be. It continues for a few more months.

Thanks Ozzy.
Important we keep things in perspective.
Still no national title championship since the 1960's so let's not be happy.

Yes, it will be. It continues for a few more months.

You should become a Nebraska fan. Scott Frost is the anti-PJ.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

LOL - you guys are funny. I’m just not jumping up and down about an average class, relative to the Big Ten, not past classes. Let’s see if they can actually coach.

LOL - you guys are funny. I’m just not jumping up and down about an average class, relative to the Big Ten, not past classes. Let’s see if they can actually coach.

If you can only be happy when your team wins the championship, your fandom is pretty sad.

If you can only be happy when your team wins the championship, your fandom is pretty sad.

Championship? Really? 20+ years as a season ticket holder, 40+ as a fan and you think that’s it? It was many of you who couldn’t celebrate some of the recent success - Mason, Kill... I’m just not going to celebrate a recruiting class. If PJ can get have us compete for a Big Ten West Championship every 2-3 years that would be great. Wish he would do it without all his BS, but either way, we don’t know what he can do here yet.

No issues as to coaching....issues with you though. You from Iowa? Wisconsin? Nothing going on over there?

Thank you FtF for the quotes - they’re fun to read.

Championship? Really? 20+ years as a season ticket holder, 40+ as a fan and you think that’s it? It was many of you who couldn’t celebrate some of the recent success - Mason, Kill... I’m just not going to celebrate a recruiting class. If PJ can get have us compete for a Big Ten West Championship every 2-3 years that would be great. Wish he would do it without all his BS, but either way, we don’t know what he can do here yet.

We get the point but it’s tiring because 1) it sounds like you’re yelling at us to get off
Your lawn 2) people are excited for some very real progress in recruiting despite a rough season and probably don’t need a cautionary tale every time they get excited.

It’s a freaking internet message board. Only a Minnesota one would come replete with a whole bunch of folks telling us to keep it down.

How would you classify Kill's classes?

I have to say we made it pretty far in this thread until the past coaches came up. Shocking that it was you again. Shocking.

February can't come soon enough. #31

We get the point but it’s tiring because 1) it sounds like you’re yelling at us to get off
Your lawn 2) people are excited for some very real progress in recruiting despite a rough season and probably don’t need a cautionary tale every time they get excited.

It’s a freaking internet message board. Only a Minnesota one would come replete with a whole bunch of folks telling us to keep it down.

And only a Minnesota one would posters get so excited about essentially fantasy football for college. That's what the recruit rankings are ... fantasy football.

Don't get me wrong, some people love the stuff. It's big business. But it's not real.

And only a Minnesota one would posters get so excited about essentially fantasy football for college. That's what the recruit rankings are ... fantasy football.

Don't get me wrong, some people love the stuff. It's big business. But it's not real.

You’re acting like we can only be happy about wins and losses. There’s so much more to college football than that.

Phrasing Lana!

Attachments

• 3e71efb599d2a76ebe56db43584424dc.jpg
    3e71efb599d2a76ebe56db43584424dc.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 24

Yeah, I'm sure nobody in Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, the Miami area, Alabama are excited about the classes they have signed.

per Sid:

Football coach P.J. Fleck said Wednesday, after announcing the highest-rated recruiting class the Gophers have had in recent memory, that this was the kind of class he felt his coaching staff could land given enough time.

“Well, we had a whole year to prepare. We had two weeks to recruit when we first got here,” Fleck said. “We had a whole year this year to build those relationships, really get the Minnesota Golden Gophers brand out there and show what the new Minnesota movement is all about. I think a lot of players want to be a part of that.”

The accolades quickly came in for this Gophers class, with 247Sports.com putting this group of 26 commits at No. 29 in the country, which was the best class ranking of any team in the Big Ten West. Fleck said this kind of class was only the first in a long line of accomplishments the Gophers want to start making more common.

“It’s something we haven’t done before and it’s one of those ‘nevers’ that we’re going to continue to accomplish and check off,” he said. “But again, the rankings don’t necessarily matter to us. They don’t sit there and run us. But it’s nice to know that your class is recognized as one of the better ones in college football.”

This is Fleck’s sixth recruiting class as a head coach, and he knows the rankings won’t mean anything for a few years.

“You don’t know until about three or four years down the road how well you did,” he said. “But we feel like we targeted the guys we needed in the key positions that we needed help in, and I thought our staff did a tremendous job of hitting it right on the head.”

Did he get the guys that he was after?

“We signed them all, which was really good,” he said.

http://www.startribune.com/p-j-flec...ccess-to-keep-building-for-gophers/465577143/

Go Gophers!!

Yeah, I'm sure nobody in Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, the Miami area, Alabama are excited about the classes they have signed.

Of course they’re excited. So should be Gopher fans.

Just get excited over real, tangible things. Stats of the recruit’s performance, which other schools offered (and we beat out), etc.

Not over fantasy football - fantasy rankings, fantasy team rankings, etc

LOL you are funny - but looks aren't everything

I have to say we made it pretty far in this thread until the past coaches came up. Shocking that it was you again. Shocking.

February can't come soon enough. #31

Just wanted to know if he thinks this class is average, how he rates previous classes. Then again you two are the biggest trolls on GH

22nd on 247 rankings
22nd on ESPN Rankings

Top Bottom