Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Brutal temps in there I heard.

Absolutely stupid that the place never had A/C before. Title IX lawsuit worthy ...
    Actually, Williams doesn't have A/C either. The Lynx put in temporary A/C for the WNBA playoffs last year. Of course, no teams are in there in the summer anymore.
    Follow me on twitter: @skiumahgopher

Quote Originally Posted by Ski U Mah Gopher View Post
    Actually, Williams doesn't have A/C either. The Lynx put in temporary A/C for the WNBA playoffs last year. Of course, no teams are in there in the summer anymore.
    The on campus option would be Mariucci which is air conditioned. But we'd still have all the court set up. Plus I think they were putting the ice in last week (if I remember the Motzko first practice article correctly).

Quote Originally Posted by Ski U Mah Gopher View Post
    Well, let's be honest, no one was going to file a lawsuit (would've been done long ago). But it wouldn't simply be a case of looking at Williams to make a conclusion. You'd look at all the facilities to all teams, see how much money is spent on TCF, on the athletes villiage ... and they won't even put in AC for the gals top ranked vball team? Awful

Quote Originally Posted by MRJ View Post
    That's what happens when you get a lot of media love, have a bunch of highly rated national level recruits and openly talk about how cool it would be to make a Final Four in your backyard.

They haven't turned the necessary corner, not even close. Faded badly down the stretch last year and haven't improved from there so far this season.

Of course it's early and they still could get there. But they have shown a lot of the same problems they had last year. I would love to be wrong. And if they can discover the magic formula, I'll be more than happy to admit I'm wrong.

But based on the end of last year and what I'm seeing early this year, they're not on that level. At least not yet.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk
    Though I don't know much about VB, I've watched every game the past 2 years. Compared with 2015 & 2016, the 2017 & 2018 teams are missing something vital. I don't know what's missing, but I desperately hope they find it soon. Lots of very tough opponents coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrothgar View Post
    Though I don't know much about VB, I've watched every game the past 2 years. Compared with 2015 & 2016, the 2017 & 2018 teams are missing something vital. I don't know what's missing, but I desperately hope they find it soon. Lots of very tough opponents coming up.
    That makes two of us.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Can't say that until we get more data points.

We were #1 until a very difficult, very long, very arduous road trip. Road trips, long distance, against top teams, are tough! If we had the K-State datapoint, that'd be one thing.

Penn St will be a heck of a datapoint!

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Can't say that until we get more data points.

We were #1 until a very difficult, very long, very arduous road trip. Road trips, long distance, against top teams, are tough! If we had the K-State datapoint, that'd be one thing.

Penn St will be a heck of a datapoint!
    You may be right. We all hope you are. But I think they should have beaten both Oregon and Stanford. The West Coast trip wasn't like a 15-day road trip; they're young & energetic, weren't burdened with classwork, and should be able to adjust. They've had leads in several matches in 2018, and real winners have a certain killer instinct to put an opponent away with emphasis when they get the opponents down. Of course, beating Penn State would be great. However, I'm not talking really about match final scores, but about the drive to put matches away when it really counts.