Wisconsin OLB coach rumored to be the hire for Oregon State DC

beavergopher

Reaction score
Tim Tibesar. Seems like a very good choice. One of these years losing their coaches will have to have a negative effect. We hope, yet it never happens.
Badgers football: Wisconsin outside linebackers coach Tim Tibesar to become Oregon State defensive coordinator, per ...
Madison.com · 53 mins ago

I still can't get over Mike Riley going back to Corvallis for a third stint. And to be an assistant to the guy who, 20 years prior, was his starting QB as a walk-on freshman.

Circle of life....

I think their scheme uses OLB's like stand-up defensive ends.

So maybe the guy at Oregon St wants to run the 3-4 defense?

In looking at Wisconsin's list of coaches ... maybe I'm just blind, but it seems that they don't list a QBs coach, which would just be odd ...

In looking at Wisconsin's list of coaches ... maybe I'm just blind, but it seems that they don't list a QBs coach, which would just be odd ...

Is Chryst the QB coach by chance?

Do they need a QB coach when all their QB has to do is stand behind beefy tall timbers?

Barry Alvarez makes sure of that. Maybe that is why Bret Belima left. DO you sniff a little micro-managing?

Is Chryst the QB coach by chance?

I've never heard of a head coach that is also a position coach, at the DI level. I have heard of head coaches that call plays, usually for the offense. But never that also serve as position coach.

That is interesting. Chryst has been a QB coach at a lot of places, so I kinda think he handles the QBs. He was the head coach/QB coach in his final year at Pitt as well. I'm sure that's not very common. Gundy at Oklahoma St works with the QBs himself quite a bit, but he still has a QB coach.

If Chryst is the QB position coach, in addition to being the head coach, then I am shocked. I've never heard of that, at a big time program.

It would be like if Fleck was the WR coach, in addition to what he does now.

But so be it, they obviously are doing just fine.

Chryst has been a good QB coach going way back. He was the OC/QB coach when he was at Oregon State.

Top Bottom