Benjamin Sapp

Sapp's father must not know about football and injuries to have allowed this to happen.

Sapp's father must not know about football and injuries to have allowed this to happen.

Dude had multiple serious knee injuries. They played him a lot early and he promptly re-injured his knee. Yet, you are certain they didn't push him too hard/too soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are crazy if you think coaches play someone that much given Sapp's circumstances all the time. Completely moronic take.

I’m moronic for thinking that a great player that wants to play both ways is more often than not going to get some time on both sides of the ball? Okay

I’m moronic for thinking that a great player that wants to play both ways is more often than not going to get some time on both sides of the ball? Okay

Are you intentionally misunderstanding?

per Randy:

From negative to positive

Sapp’s meniscus tear this past fall came after solid games against Eastview and Lakeville North to start the season. The family opted to have surgery to repair rather than remove the torn piece, which required a longer rehab but saved the meniscus.

“It was pretty tragic right before the Prior Lake game to have him walk over and say, ‘Ah, something’s screwed up in my knee.’ ” Grant said. “You could tell by the doctors that it wasn’t going to be good.”

“Why me?” was Sapp’s initial reaction, but he rebounded and focused on improving his college entrance test scores and took on an off-field leadership role with his team. “This wasn’t my first rodeo in being injured,” he said. “I was sad and depressed for a while, but I had to do something for this team.”

In turn, his teammates kept his spirits up, and Grant even had him symbolically suit up for Eden Prairie’s Class 6A state championship victory over Minnetonka. “He had the hardest season, the toughest season,” Grant said. “We always think the starters, the guys who are playing well, that’s hard to do. That’s easy to do. It’s the guys who aren’t playing, who have to come to practice. You feel like you’re left out.”

Sapp already has resumed running and is expected to be fully recovered in January, Grant said. Despite having played just two games in the past three seasons, Sapp takes a philosophical approach, believing there’s much more to come.

“I didn’t get to experience high school football and the Friday night lights,” he said, “but I feel like I’m meant for Saturday and Sunday nights.’’

http://www.startribune.com/in-benny...deal-talent-coming-p-j-fleck-s-way/465266633/

Go Gophers!!

Dude had multiple serious knee injuries. They played him a lot early and he promptly re-injured his knee. Yet, you are certain they didn't push him too hard/too soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He played fewer than 5 snaps at WR, and had single digit punt returns. Do you really think those additional ~15 snaps were the reason for injury? If he was working out all summer and offseason preparing for this season, you don't think they would have an idea of how many snaps he could play?

Top Bottom