Benjamin Sapp

#2Gopher

Reaction score
Anyone heard how he is recovering?

Nothing new for the last two months. It still bugs me that Mike Grant had him play as much as he did coming off major knee surgery. I wouldn't be surprised if he ever sees significant playing time and eventually retires from playing altogether in his time as a Gopher player.

I guess I am "out of the loop". Did he get injured this year playing football?

Yeah, since he hardly played any HS football, Grant shouldn’t have played him. Makes perfect sense.

To quote the movie "War Games,"

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?

Nothing new for the last two months. It still bugs me that Mike Grant had him play as much as he did coming off major knee surgery. I wouldn't be surprised if he ever sees significant playing time and eventually retires from playing altogether in his time as a Gopher player.

You sound like a lot of fun. I wanna party with you.

If only he hadn’t played 5 weeks of Minnesota high school football for about 3 quarters each of those weeks, then he would’ve withstood the pounding of a 4-5 year big ten career

HOLY HELL! Only on GopherHole could a thread titled "Benjamin Sapp" turn in to a pissing match.

Should opinions only be expressed if they make you feel all warm and fuzzy?

Didn't see an opinion, just an incredible statement that made no sense whatsoever. "I'm mad" is not an opinion, it's a feeling. Look it up.

HOLY HELL! Only on GopherHole could a thread titled "Benjamin Sapp" turn in to a pissing match.

Right. There's too much of this the past couple of years. Most of it over trivial items or vocabulary use, etc. adds an unnecessary negative tone.

I don't think his legs were ready for that. No need to play both sides when you got over 100 players on the team.

1) they don’t have 100 players on their team
2) high school players all over play both ways

If he was injured he shouldn’t have played at all. If he isn’t injured he should play football. Pretty simple.

Right. There's too much of this the past couple of years. Most of it over trivial items<b> or </b>vocabulary use, etc. adds an unnecessary negative tone.

I think your paragraph reads better if you use a , instead of the or & it most certainly needs a word (example: "which") in front of "adds" to read clearly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't see an opinion, just an incredible statement that made no sense whatsoever. "I'm mad" is not an opinion, it's a feeling. Look it up.

Some experts feel the ACL grafts don’t fully heal for 12+ months. Given the not-insignificant percentage of repeat injuries it’s somewhat of a calculated risk to come back between 6-10 months as is the fashion these days.

So, like a lot of things it’s ok to have an opinion that goes against “conventional wisdom” and AP did it so...no need to be a dick.

The usual suspects....
just because there is an open thread with no real information doesn’t mean you have to turn it into another pissing match! Grow up guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, since he hardly played any HS football, Grant shouldn’t have played him. Makes perfect sense.

You realize he played offense, defense, and returned punts right? That is the puzzling thing. EP has like 200 kids tryout for football every year but for some reason, the only guy Grant trusted to return punts is a kid who hadn't really seen any game action and was coming off major knee surgery. SMH

You realize he played offense, defense, and returned punts right? That is the puzzling thing. EP has like 200 kids tryout for football every year but for some reason, the only guy Grant trusted to return punts is a kid who hadn't really seen any game action and was coming off major knee surgery. SMH

Thank you...hopefully a couple other folks will finally understand what I'm trying to say. While people appear to be healthy, it is wise to ease someone in.

This was not a recurrence of the twice torn ACL. He should be "fully recovered" by now. I do wish he was a early grad so that he could be on training table, weight room, and trainers now. Anything can happen, but this latest is not a doomsday event for his career. I see Gopher stardom ahead for this young man!

Kids at Eden prairie and many other schools in the state have been doing that for a hundred years.
Mr football played offense, defense, and special teams. The horror

You are crazy if you think coaches play someone that much given Sapp's circumstances all the time. Completely moronic take.

Top Bottom