Croft to Tennessee State

John Galt

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Since it's also D1 won't he have to sit out a year?

Tennessee State, hadn't even heard of them before. There's a lot more Div 1 teams in TN than I thought there were.

Austin Peay State University
Belmont University
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
East Tennessee State University
Lipscomb University
University of Memphis
Middle Tennessee State University
University of Tennessee
University of Tennessee at Martin
Tennessee State University
Tennessee Technological University
Vanderbilt University

Tennessee State, hadn't even heard of them before. There's a lot more Div 1 teams in TN than I thought there were.

Belmont University
Lipscomb University
University of Memphis
University of Tennessee
Vanderbilt University

We've played them in hoops before

Best wishes to Demry.

Looks to be just a visit. Nothing final.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tennessee State, in it's current form, is a merger of the old Tennessee State -- a historically black university -- and the former Nashville campus of the University of Tennessee. I believe TSU actually accused the UT system of backhandedly trying to kill off TSU, from racist motivations. Or some such reasoning. So I think a court case decided it with a merger.

Anyway, just an interesting tidbit about that school.

Good luck to Demry.

I hope that he finds a school with the right fit.

FYI. TSU plays in the Titans stadium and has many campus buildings downtown Nashville.
Also, when it comes to headlines for the football program, Tennessee St is the School that had the player punch the coach on the sideline this year. It was big sports news for a week here in town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did we not hustle, play poor D, and pout in that game too! [emoji23]

It was Tubbys last year, won by slot, but Iam sure holers complained about hockey substitution patterns and ball movement and Rodney shooting

Belmont University
Lipscomb University
University of Memphis
University of Tennessee
Vanderbilt University

Technically only 4 of these play 1A football

Looks like it's now official. Demry to Tennessee State. Best of luck to him.

Looks like it's now official. Demry to Tennessee State. Best of luck to him.

FCS level seems like a good fit for his skill set. Hopefully he goes down there and is successful.

Best of luck to DC. didn't work out here. Like a lot of people, I was hoping that Croft would at least be a competent QB. I guess we'll never know how much the change in coaches and systems impacted his career at MN. If Claeys and his coaches had stayed, Croft might have been better - he might have been worse - or he might have played about the same. Or, someone else might have been the QB. File it under pointless speculation.

But the right fit can make a big difference in a player's career. There were people who said Chris Streveler couldn't play QB, and he wound up being nominated for the FCS player of the year. Could he have done the same at MN? probably not, but there was definitely more talent there than he was able to show - or was allowed to show - at MN.

He’s got the tools to be one of Tennessee State’s best quarterbacks ever!

Let's be honest - in addition to Demry not being the greatest QB, he and PJ were not on the same page, PJ chose to single him out to make an example, and the transfer was unavoidable. TN State will likely be a better fit for him on all fronts - dude needed to step down a level and also needed a reset. Best of luck to DC11.

Good luck to Demry - he may be as sensational in the FCS as Streveler has been at South Dakota, being the All-American QB for the division this year.

I will miss the arguments that "if it only weren't for all those drops", he could have been All B1G. Awesome stuff.

Who were you arguing that with? No one on GH ever said that.

Let's be honest - in addition to Demry not being the greatest QB, he and PJ were not on the same page, PJ chose to single him out to make an example, and the transfer was unavoidable. TN State will likely be a better fit for him on all fronts - dude needed to step down a level and also needed a reset. Best of luck to DC11.

PJ is on an accelerated schedule to rebuild Gopher Football. DC wasn't able to show him the leadership qualities he is looking for in QBs. They mutually parted ways for the better. DC should fit better in FCS.

Top Bottom