Tax Plan Removes Donation Tax Deduction

Iceland12

Reaction score
This could hurt.

Steve Berkowitz ‏Verified account
@ByBerkowitz

"Tax plan coming out of House-Senate conference committee includes repeal of 80% deduction that has been allowed for donations to college sports programs connected to rights to buy game tickets"

If you know your renewing season tickets for next year, pay your seating preference for 2018 before Jan. 1. At least it's one more payment that you can deduct.

As a season ticket holder who has paid the donations, I am fine if this is part of the tax bill.
I hope Coyle and company are considering possible options. This may be a good time to reconnect with fans who have recently decided not to renew because of the donation.
This is not Teague's culture, so get creative and change it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

All these stupid little provisions ... they don't generate much cash, and people hate them.

Same with the tax on graduate students. Which is coming out of the plan, now. This one too, should come out. Just increase the tax on the wealthy by like 0.01% more, to make up for it. Sheesh

All these stupid little provisions ... they don't generate much cash, and people hate them.

Same with the tax on graduate students. Which is coming out of the plan, now. This one too, should come out. Just increase the tax on the wealthy by like 0.01% more, to make up for it. Sheesh

Why would they do something like that?

The arguable stupidity of the nuts and bolts of this bill aside, what one hand giveth another takes away. At least temporarily the higher ticket cost should be more than offset by other tax reduction provisions for the majority of the “college grad/upper middle income” class. For the highest earners/business owners/corp inc. the ask for luxury boxes and best seats should be much higher with the windfall appropriated by the bill. Coyle could then reduce prices on the Joe plumber seats. It will be interesting to see the fallout from this rushed piece of legislation.

This has never been a significant driver in our decision to have season tickets.

We do itemize and claim it...and will do so one more time....but in scheme ot things not a biggie at least for us.

It was nice.

But I don't belive it was a factor in anyone's ticket buying.

Bummer, but also whatever.

Top Bottom