2017 Bowl Games Thread

Yet the defense didn't tumble very far and what Fleck/Smith inherited was far worse than what Sawvel inherited at Wake Forest. The person Sawvel replaced got a better job, and the people Fleck/Smith replaced were fired. How difficult is that to understand?

JFC

100% agree. Sawvel may be a good DB coach, not sure he's a good defensive coordinator.

Being a great defensive coordinator means knowing what play the off. coordinator is likely to call, more often than not, and dialing up the appropriate defense.

Being a great defensive coordinator means knowing what play the off. coordinator is likely to call, more often than not, and dialing up the appropriate defense.

Hmmm...interesting idea. You should go to a coaches clinic.

I had the NMSU/ USU game on CBS Sports TV on hold on the other Dish receiver/ side during the start of the OSU/ USC game and I had the good fortune of remembering to get back to it for the 4th quarter.

This NMSU team had my heart after remembering the downtrodden program and theAggieVision game back in 2012. Seeing them beat So. Alabama two or three weeks ago to get to a bowl after 57 years was very inspiring. Tonight was even better. Their humble and great coach reminds me of interim coach Horton. The NMSU DC is the 69 year old former HC of BC that they fired, Tim Spagnolia. This was a great story. He was sporting a great 'stach and sunglasses and reminds me of people down at the neighborhood bar.

There were 40,000 fans in a not very big U of A stadium and the NMSU fans made up the bulk of that number. What a great story! Being in a big TV market and being in the Big Ten I it clear to me that we take a lot for granted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjmb3zk8iEc

Could Losing To Clemson Hurt Alabama's Chances Of Making It To The National Championship?

Video

There's been a few good games so far but overall not real impressed. Seems like a lot of bad match ups this year. Maybe the rest will be better. I'm sure some of the coaching changes and players sitting out games make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the pregame speech on Richt has really come across as a tool.

What was he so heated about prior to halftime?

Shocked he wasn't ejected. He should have been mad because it was holding but he went too far.

Why are Palmer and the other talking heads not talking about the blatant hold that wasn’t called instead of Richt? Mind boggling.

Much like targeting there ought to be different levels of penalty for touching the official. Touching the arm or shoulder can be an involuntary action in nonverbal communication. 15 yards and first warning. Pushing/shoving/punching -ejection.

Why are Palmer and the other talking heads not talking about the blatant hold that wasn’t called instead of Richt? Mind boggling.

Coming into the second half, ESPN mentioned they asked their ref about it and the defender didn't lose a step as a result of what the lineman did so it should not have been called as a hold.

So people are getting outraged and justifying Richt's behavior over a call that was indeed called (not-called) correctly.

Coming into the second half, ESPN mentioned they asked their ref about it and the defender didn't lose a step as a result of what the lineman did so it should not have been called as a hold.

So people are getting outraged and justifying Richt's behavior over a call that was indeed called (not-called) correctly.

Bull$hit. He was clearly slowed up by the hold. Might not have been by much.....but that split second allowed Hoobibrook to get the pass off.

Between you and GWG I’m close to losing it. I may even touch your arm in a non-threatening manner.

Bull$hit. He was clearly slowed up by the hold. Might not have been by much.....but that split second allowed Hoobibrook to get the pass off.

Yeah, not rocket science. They’ve lived of crap like that for far too long.

Kasl from Forest Lake has been at RT the whole second half for the kid that held every play.

The refs take forever to blow the whistle in this game.

As soul crushing of an endeavor that it is to pull for the Badgers, The U is so easy to root against I can almost be okay with it. No doubt Richt should have been ejected for his antics in the first half. Not sure how they will be able to justify him staying on the sidelines after this game is over.

I had the NMSU/ USU game on CBS Sports TV on hold on the other Dish receiver/ side during the start of the OSU/ USC game and I had the good fortune of remembering to get back to it for the 4th quarter.

This NMSU team had my heart after remembering the downtrodden program and theAggieVision game back in 2012. Seeing them beat So. Alabama two or three weeks ago to get to a bowl after 57 years was very inspiring. Tonight was even better. Their humble and great coach reminds me of interim coach Horton. The NMSU DC is the 69 year old former HC of BC that they fired, Tim Spagnolia. This was a great story. He was sporting a great 'stach and sunglasses and reminds me of people down at the neighborhood bar.

There were 40,000 fans in a not very big U of A stadium and the NMSU fans made up the bulk of that number. What a great story! Being in a big TV market and being in the Big Ten I it clear to me that we take a lot for granted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjmb3zk8iEc
I wanted to watch it, but I couldn't find it. It's a good story - conference folds and they go independent rather than give up and drop to the FCS. Then they get in the Sun Belt and get to and win a bowl game. A big step up.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

UCF/Auburn tuning out to be a hell of a game.

20-20 end of 3. Auburn about to punt.

Michigan folds like a cheap hooker for B10's only loss.

The only team Michigan beat who had a winning record this year was Purdue.

Top Bottom