Marshall vs Colorado State
Middle TN State vs Arkansas State

Saturday, December 16
Troy vs North Texas
Western Kentucky vs Georgia State
Boise State vs Oregon
Marshall vs Colorado State
Middle TN State vs Arkansas State

Think Blount will go to the Boise Oregon game?

Boise St - Oregon would be worth watching.

Although all of them would be better than this Sam Houston crap....

December 26 Games

Utah vs West Virginia
Duke vs Northern Illinois
Kansas State vs UCLA

December 26 Games

Utah vs West Virginia
Duke vs Northern Illinois
Kansas State vs UCLA

Now the bowl games are starting to get a little more interesting. This will be a fun week of college football and ideal weather for watching them inside.

Lol I have the exact opposite in my bowl pick em league. Only one of us can be right!
Well the Utah pick is looking pretty food for you. Especially if WVU can't manage a touchdown here.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Kyle Whittingham is now 11-1 as a HC in Bowl Games.
While 2 (Fiesta and Sugar) were Majors, that's still an impressive statistic.

Haven't watched too many bowl games this year, but did catch the end of San Diego State vs Army.

Simply love seeing Army and Navy do well. It's good for college football. Wish the academies would add rules allowing exceptional players to defer service for a professional football career.

Also love watching strong running teams. Triple option is something else. Both of Army and Navy head coaches are direct coaching descendants of Paul Johnson, and that system seems to work well for both of them. While on the other hand, SDSU uses a pro style offense but had an exceptional running back who will be playing on Sundays next year, who chose to play in the bowl game.

December 27

Arizona vs Purdue
Texas vs Missouri
Florida State beat Southern Miss
Iowa beat BC

Rough day for Jay Sawvel. His defense has given up 506 yards and 45 points to Texas A&M. Still 13 minutes to play.

Rough day for Jay Sawvel. His defense has given up 506 yards and 45 points to Texas A&M. Still 13 minutes to play.

No kidding, rough game for both defenses...combined almost 1100 yards of offense, 300 yards in kick/punt return yards, and 50+ first downs...with plenty of time left. Serious track meet.

TA&M had the top passer and receiver in the game:
- QB went 42-63, 499 YDS, 4 TD
- top WR had 13 REC, 189 YDS, 3 TD

Lost the game 52-55 to Wake Forest.

Okay, I have no direct knowledge...just hunches and intuition that tell me Tracy Claeys was the brains behind the Gopher defensive adjustments and overall effectiveness. Not saying Jay is not a tireless worker and great guy, I just think Tracy was the guy that made the defense work.

Okay, I have no direct knowledge...just hunches and intuition that tell me Tracy Claeys was the brains behind the Gopher defensive adjustments and overall effectiveness. Not saying Jay is not a tireless worker and great guy, I just think Tracy was the guy that made the defense work.

100% agree. Sawvel may be a good DB coach, not sure he's a good defensive coordinator.

New Mexico State beat Utah State 26-20 in OT. I didn't get to watch, but it looked like an exciting game. Back to back kickoff returns for TD.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Would you say the same about Fleck asa HC after getting boat raced year 1? After 3-4 years we’ll know.

We will know after 3-4 years, if Sawvel gets that long. What I do know now is that Wake Forest's defense saw significant regression from last year to this year under Sawvel, with plenty of returning experience. Minnesota's defense saw far less regression, even with depleted DB's and linebackers playing DE.

We will know after 3-4 years, if Sawvel gets that long. What I do know now is that Wake Forest's defense saw significant regression from last year to this year under Sawvel, with plenty of returning experience. Minnesota's defense saw far less regression, even with depleted DB's and linebackers playing DE.

We’re ranked 96th overall in S&P+ v 42nd a year ago. WTF are you even talking about? Do you know if WF lost any key pieces on defense? Injuries? Schedule?

If you’re going to roll out excuses for year 1 for our guy you have to be consistent.

We’re ranked 96th overall in S&P+ v 42nd a year ago. WTF are you even talking about? Do you know if WF lost any key pieces on defense? Injuries? Schedule?

If you’re going to roll out excuses for year 1 for our guy you have to be consistent.

We're talking about Sawvel and defense, WTF are you talking about? You want to compare Fleck to Sawvel? How does that make sense?

Minnesota's S&P defense this year: 43, Wake Forest's 53. And that was before today's debacle.

Minnesota's S&P defense last year: 23, Wake Forest's 22.

It's pretty easy to find their returning starters and a depth chart.

I don’t know why I bother with you. You literally don’t understand the argument. You’re ripping on Sawvwl for a first year dip with his defense but can’t bring yourself to do the same for a HC that had his team tumble 54 spots in the rankings.

I don’t know why I bother with you. You literally don’t understand the argument. You’re ripping on Sawvwl for a first year dip with his defense but can’t bring yourself to do the same for a HC that had his team tumble 54 spots in the rankings.

Yet the defense didn't tumble very far and what Fleck/Smith inherited was far worse than what Sawvel inherited at Wake Forest. The person Sawvel replaced got a better job, and the people Fleck/Smith replaced were fired. How difficult is that to understand?

Top Bottom