2017 Bowl Games Thread

Huge mistake by Oklahomas kicker before the half. That FG by Georgia could be huge in the end.

HOLY SMOKES!!!!! THAT RUN BY CHUBB WAS NUTS!

Two guys were about to hit him from the left side and actually moved into them with his shoulder lowered. Knocked them both down. I knew this guy was good.....but he could be the next great RB coming into the NFL. Obviously Barkley is right there too. I'm not sold on Love. Stanford produced Gerhart....and McCaffrey hasn't really proven himself as a #1 running back. Although....his receiving stats are impressive. I'm wondering if scheme just makes them look better.

Huge mistake by Oklahomas kicker before the half. That FG by Georgia could be huge in the end.

Yes. Game was in hand to that point and OU had the momentum ... and then that bad kick and the FG. My how fast things can change.

Why were the commentators berating that offensive tackle for getting in the way? If that GA RB (Swift) would have just run forward....he would have had the first down. It was a stupid decision to cut back and try to get around the edge.

Two guys were about to hit him from the left side and actually moved into them with his shoulder lowered. Knocked them both down. I knew this guy was good.....but he could be the next great RB coming into the NFL. Obviously Barkley is right there too. I'm not sold on Love. Stanford produced Gerhart....and McCaffrey hasn't really proven himself as a #1 running back. Although....his receiving stats are impressive. I'm wondering if scheme just makes them look better.

Love played on high ankle sprain for 2 months. His willingness to play through that pain alone will impress scouts. I think he's an outstanding RB as well. Just my 2 cents.

Oh good, I get to hear Herbstreit say Baker Mayfield some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they just mention the Mortell Award!?

Cool. I was rooting for Georgia. Now LET'S GO TIGERS!

Georgia is the one SEC team I don't mind. Would have still liked to see Oklahoma win that one.

Wild finish. Georgia in 2nd overtime with a field goal made while Oklahoma had their's blocked.

That was a heck of damn good football game!!!!!

The more aggressive physical team in the fourth quarter won.

That Rose Bowl was one of the best games I’ve ever watched. Two great teams that deserved to be there. That game will be hard to top!

Great game - Georgia really picked up the hustle in the second half... I still think everything changed on that ugly squib kick. Terrible call there changed everything. OU also got extra conservative toward the end. I’ve seen that before haha

GA/OU was a fabulous game. IMO, GA being able to play D was the difference. They made the stops at the end of Regulation and in OT when they absolutely had to. What a game.

Ala/Clem game is also entertaining.

I guess not as entertaining as much anymore. Clemson can't run or pass that well.

Georgia vs Oklahoma was very fun! They appeared to be playing a level up from other teams.

Clemson had no business being in the playoffs. Let alone ranked #1.

Weird year. Clemson wasn’t a great team offensively, lost to Syracuse and won ugly several times. OK was not great defensively but defeated a more talented OSU at home. Ohio State belly flopped vs OU and Iowa and missed the playoff.

Alabama lost vs Auburn. Auburn just lost to UCF. Seems like every team is flawed and/or had fluky losses or motivational problems this hear. Would have been a perfect year for a 6 or 8 team playoff.

Clemson had no business being in the playoffs. Let alone ranked #1.

No, they very much deserved to be there. It's clear to me that nobody outside these four did though.

Top Bottom