Does this team play defense?

Ewert86PC

Metrodome Era Survivor
Reaction score
It seems this teams definition of defense is to shoot the ball more than your opponent, which is ridiculous when their shooting percentage drops below 55%.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The best defense is a good offense?. Probably doesn't work for basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems this teams definition of defense is to shoot the ball more than your opponent, which is ridiculous when their shooting percentage drops below 55%.

I hear Pitino went to Paul Westfall for advise...

Is that why we don't know how use our big men properly too?

What do you mean by properly? I prefer they just set me a pick so I can chuck it from the cheap seats. What about you? [emoji3]

Is that why we don't know how use our big men properly too?

They are going to be practicing a lot over the next nine days. You should definitely head down to Williams and give them your expert advice on what to do. You are wasting your talent giving it away for free on this message board.

They are going to be practicing a lot over the next nine days. You should definitely head down to Williams and give them your expert advice on what to do. You are wasting your talent giving it away for free on this message board.
Can I study at my tie while I sit on the bench, too?

Can I study at my tie while I sit on the bench, too?

Sit the bench? You aren't going to have time to sit the bench.....you will be out there dispensing your vast knowledge and doing all the things the current coaches clearly are not. The coaches are going to need all those bench spots to sit and take notes on what to do...but stop wasting your time here...get to Williams arena as quick as possible....the fate of the program is in your hands....good luck....

Sit the bench? You aren't going to have time to sit the bench.....you will be out there dispensing your vast knowledge and doing all the things the current coaches clearly are not. The coaches are going to need all those bench spots to sit and take notes on what to do...but stop wasting your time here...get to Williams arena as quick as possible....the fate of the program is in your hands....good luck....
So you're saying that I'm more qualified to coach this team based on my online persona?

So you're saying that I'm more qualified to coach this team based on my online persona?

If only the Gophers shooting percentage could equal your whining percentage. Tough to beat a team shooting 100%. How much did you whine when the Gophers weren't one of the top BIG teams?

I don't even agree with the OP, but this is always the silliest message board statement. There are a thousand posts after a win about how well we defended the pick and roll, rotated on defense, or exploited a match up and nobody ever chimes in pointing out that the posters are not coaches and just members of a free message board. But if it is criticism everybody has to submit their basketball references to the angry guy that doesn't want to hear anyone's thoughts that differ from their own. Good Grief.

We saw many of the same posts from you ripping Pitino, claiming they weren't going to win more than another game or 2 when they were 3-6 in conference last year. Then the Gophers went on their run and you disappeared.

Looking forward to your disappearance again this year.

I don't even agree with the OP, but this is always the silliest message board statement. There are a thousand posts after a win about how well we defended the pick and roll, rotated on defense, or exploited a match up and nobody ever chimes in pointing out that the posters are not coaches and just members of a free message board. But if it is criticism everybody has to submit their basketball references to the angry guy that doesn't want to hear anyone's thoughts that differ from their own. Good Grief.

Bingo

First off I was being sarcastic and secondly my comment is 100% directed at ewert86PC and his constant drivel that he posts over and over and over again.

I have zero issues with fans being critical if they have something at least somewhat constructive to bring to the table, he just posts the same thing over and over again with nothing of any substance behind it. I know I am just feeding the troll but was in the mood to be snarky I guess.

I'm saying that in YOUR mind you certainly are more qualified.

First off I was being sarcastic and secondly my comment is 100% directed at ewert86PC and his constant drivel that he posts over and over and over again.

I have zero issues with fans being critical if they have something at least somewhat constructive to bring to the table, he just posts the same thing over and over again with nothing of any substance behind it. I know I am just feeding the troll but was in the mood to be snarky I guess.
And I have the knack of repetitively touching on nerves. Methinks thou doth protest too much when responding to the post of a member whose sole grammatical foible is "study at my tie".

We are poised to fold under pressure again this year. Why not point it out now so the cognesenti have an opportunity to take corrective action?

I thought it was just the right amount of snark. Thanks.

I for one have doubted the defense periodically throughout the season. There is little ball pressure applied, especially in the first 30 minutes of games. I assume that they are playing off a bit to minimize fouling and for the sake of fatigue-prevention. If that is the case, it's going to be frustrating as they continue to give up open jumpshots for 3 and at the free throw line. I'm still a fan of our interior defense, but I think they've been a step slow much of the year. I hope the energy and the ball pressure pick up.

Top Bottom