Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Probably because you work for Comcast.

Who else actually prefers to be gouged for s___ internet service???
    I think I pay $45 a month for the best service in the state - US Internet fiber. Dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Not many places, but some remote places. Similarly true for at least dial-up internet.

You seemed to imply that for it to be considered a utility it had to be universally available like electricity.
    No, I stated directly that it isn't a commodity, which implied that I thought that was required. Broadband internet (which is really what we are talking about here, isn't it?) is not nearly as available as electricity. It also comes at many different levels of what is offered in terms of speed and reliability (i.e., not a commodity). The market - along with obvious regulation (you think US Internet just started digging holes in the Minneapolis city boulevards without asking permission?) - is still figuring this all out. Let that part be for now.

I don't agree that it has to be run by municipalities. But I do think it is a utility and has all of the same issues with regards to companies having a virtual monopoly in many places.
    Yeah, I hear you on that. But it's still relatively young. In the future, wired connections might be moot. So let's just see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherJake View Post
    the best service in the state - US Internet fiber.
    Congrats, kudos brother! Preach!

So I guess you’re just being a troll on this to get your rocks off. You do you!

Let that part be for now.
    Let cable monopolies be, for now? No! False.

In the future, wired connections might be moot.
    Doubtful. Not when wireless providers charge for 3GB what a good ISP provides unlimited per month (or hundreds of GB cap). If they relax the data caps, then perhaps.

Let cable monopolies be, for now? No! False.

Doubtful. Not when wireless providers charge for 3GB what a good ISP provides unlimited per month (or hundreds of GB cap). If they relax the data caps, then perhaps.
    Do you know the definition of monopoly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I guess you’re just being a troll on this to get your rocks off. You do you!
    Ironic. (Look it up. Hint, it’s not a synonym for ‘coincidence’). Dumbass.

Ironic
    Not in the slightest

Blog Entries

Yeah, I hear you on that. But it's still relatively young. In the future, wired connections might be moot. So let's just see how it goes.
    I agree it is probably moving in that direction. But the repeal of the net neutrality regs was a solution in search of a problem. The only argument I've seen outside of the internet companies is from people like 2 who get excited about the idea of repealing regulations regardless of their content.

the repeal of the net neutrality regs was a solution in search of a problem.
    Surely you are joking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk