Rate and Rank our Head Coaches Final Results

WestTexasGopher

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for filling out the survey and for offering your rankings in the thread. Well over 50 participated. Final results, based on what GH posters think?

1. Fleck with 43% of #1 preference
2. Kill with 29% of #1 preference
3. Mason with 27% of #1 preference
4. Claeys with 1% of #1 preference
5. None preferred Horton or Brewster as their top choice.

If you give points based upon ranking, however (5 points to first, 4 to second, etc.), then by total points we'd actually hire Kill and Mason over Fleck.

Not surprisingly, Brewster had a whopping 77% lowest ranking (Horton 10% and Claeys 9% were second and third least preferred HC).

Anyhow, there is my non-scientific, non-rigorous, but conversation-inducing results.

Thanks to everyone for filling out the survey and for offering your rankings in the thread. Well over 50 participated. Final results, based on what GH posters think?

1. Fleck with 43% of #1 preference
2. Kill with 29% of #1 preference
3. Mason with 27% of #1 preference
4. Claeys with 1% of #1 preference
5. None preferred Horton or Brewster as their top choice.

If you give points based upon ranking, however (5 points to first, 4 to second, etc.), then by total points we'd actually hire Kill and Mason over Fleck.

Not surprisingly, Brewster had a whopping 77% lowest ranking (Horton 10% and Claeys 9% were second and third least preferred HC).

Anyhow, there is my non-scientific, non-rigorous, but pissing match-inducing results.

FIFY

Fleck with that much first place is actually insane. Way too early to know.

Just imagine how highly he would be rated if he had won half his games!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just imagine how highly he would be rated if he had won half his games!

But the question was asked "how would you rate them in terms of which you'd like to have as our HC."

Would you really like Glen Mason to be our head coach today? He quit recruiting 15 years ago, and found more ways to blow insurmountable leads than any other coach. Jerry Kill, knowing his health would not be able to stand up to the job? I don't see with the question asked like that how there is really any option other than Fleck or Claeys (or maybe Jeff Horton if you really wanted to take a flyer).

If it was your favorite or best, I absolutely agree that Fleck wouldn't deserve a #1 vote. But which one you would want today? I don't think there's much of a question...

Yes, that is precisely how I asked it, and for that very reason. Kill's health is a part of the Jerry package. Getting Mason out of retiremnet (who would give up a cushy broadcasting job!?) would leave him likely inneffective at recruiting. I think my poinot is to pint us to reality. As much bitching we do, Fleck actually is one fo teh best choices for us currently.

Yes, that is precisely how I asked it, and for that very reason. Kill's health is a part of the Jerry package. Getting Mason out of retiremnet (who would give up a cushy broadcasting job!?) would leave him likely inneffective at recruiting. I think my poinot is to pint us to reality. As much bitching we do, Fleck actually is one fo teh best choices for us currently.
This is why it's a bad question. Of course Fleck in his prime and young age is a better fit than 67 year old Mason, Kill with his health problems, or Bernie Bierman's corpse.

In that case then I'd go;

1. Saban
2. Urban Meyer
3. Pete Carroll
4. Tom Brady
5. Lou Holtz circa 1983
6. Barry Switzer circa 1971
7. Bill Belichick
8. Bobby Bowden circa 1998
9. Barry Alvarez before he started screwing Coeds
10. Fleck

Yep, you're right. Under those rules he is in the Top Ten

But the question was asked "how would you rate them in terms of which you'd like to have as our HC."

Would you really like Glen Mason to be our head coach today? He quit recruiting 15 years ago, and found more ways to blow insurmountable leads than any other coach. Jerry Kill, knowing his health would not be able to stand up to the job? I don't see with the question asked like that how there is really any option other than Fleck or Claeys (or maybe Jeff Horton if you really wanted to take a flyer).

If it was your favorite or best, I absolutely agree that Fleck wouldn't deserve a #1 vote. But which one you would want today? I don't think there's much of a question...

Well, that all makes sense. However, I didn't read the question very carefully initially, so there you go. Maybe we can run the poll again?

Top Bottom