Number of 1st Day signers on National Signing Day - December 20

How many Verbal Commits will sign on December 20?

• 17 or less

Votes: 2 2.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 2.1%

Votes: 6 6.3%

Votes: 3 3.1%

Votes: 4 4.2%

Votes: 4 4.2%

Votes: 13 13.5%

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • All 26

Votes: 47 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This article doesn't make any sense.

Fitzgerald: "You can't sign for 48 hours, so I can't pressure you. Sign whenever you want. To me, that would help kids, and that's what it's all about."

I know when I have an incredibly important, life-altering, earth-shattering decision to make, I only need 48 hours to weigh all of the relevant factors! Forty-eight hours is more than enough time!

Meyer: "I don't understand this big push. There will be more mistakes made in recruiting (by schools) and by kids, so you'll see more transfers. ... My kid (Nate) has gained 20 pounds in the last six months. Bodies change. I want to watch 'em play their senior year."

Huh? The early signing day is December 20-22. There is literally not a single high school football player in the country who has not played the entirety of their season. Many/most have been done for close to a month or more. Seniors graduating in the spring have played all of the football that they're going to play in high school. What data are you waiting to analyze?

Anything that pi$$es off BOTH Saban and Meyer must be good for everybody else. I love it!

So this may be a dumb question, but I thought you were only allowed by NCAA rules to sign 25 kids? Do the two jucos (Viramontes and Dickson) count towards a different class? Is that why we currently are able to have 26 commitments?

I think they want to focus on their national championship contention and not recruiting in December. Poor kids. I like the early signing day, it clearly helps out non helmet schools by protecting them from late poaching. I say we make Alabama do more than just wait until the last minute to fill their class with 4 and 5 star players and make them work for it a bit.

So this may be a dumb question, but I thought you were only allowed by NCAA rules to sign 25 kids? Do the two jucos (Viramontes and Dickson) count towards a different class? Is that why we currently are able to have 26 commitments?

please read the other 100 posts answering this.

This article doesn't make any sense.

Fitzgerald: "You can't sign for 48 hours, so I can't pressure you. Sign whenever you want. To me, that would help kids, and that's what it's all about."

I know when I have an incredibly important, life-altering, earth-shattering decision to make, I only need 48 hours to weigh all of the relevant factors! Forty-eight hours is more than enough time!

Meyer: "I don't understand this big push. There will be more mistakes made in recruiting (by schools) and by kids, so you'll see more transfers. ... My kid (Nate) has gained 20 pounds in the last six months. Bodies change. I want to watch 'em play their senior year."

Huh? The early signing day is December 20-22. There is literally not a single high school football player in the country who has not played the entirety of their season. Many/most have been done for close to a month or more. Seniors graduating in the spring have played all of the football that they're going to play in high school. What data are you waiting to analyze?

I'm guessing they are waiting for that all important composite rating after the season, so they know which guys are really better.

There is literally not a single high school football player in the country who has not played the entirety of their season. Many/most have been done for close to a month or more. Seniors graduating in the spring have played all of the football that they're going to play in high school. What data are you waiting to analyze?

Most are done, but not in some Texas schools. (24 schools)
https://www.uiltexas.org/football/state

Good call, thanks for the correction and information. It seems almost inhuman to have HS football players playing on December 23.

Agree. Honestly, I shake my head at that every year. Having said that, I usually get a chance to see a game or two on our sports channels.

Top Bottom