AF Fans how was your experiance?

Berget13

Reaction score
I as a gopher fan had a wonderful experiance. So I was just wondering how it was for AF fans? Were you treated well by Min fans? How does our new stadium compare to yours?

I was treated well

I served 6 years on active duty in the Air Force and now go to the U. So I was torn and decided to wear both Gophers and AF gear. I got a little bit of razzing but it was all in good natured fun; nothing rude by any means.

I served 6 years on active duty in the Air Force and now go to the U. So I was torn and decided to wear both Gophers and AF gear. I got a little bit of razzing but it was all in good natured fun; nothing rude by any means.

were you the guy in section 105 with the double t shirt and the 2 hats on? if so, that was a sweet outfit

I was in the Air Force for 7 years. I rooted for the Gophers with no reservations whatsoever. :) When I was in the Air Force, AFA sports werent a big deal at any of the bases I was at, but this was before real widespread sports on cable TV like there is now.

No, that wasnt me...lol I was in section 229. I did however see at least three pther people wearing a mixture of Gophers and AF gear. I had on a Gopher student T and a blue AF hat. Good win by the U. AF is going to compete in the Mountain West this year IMHO. The Gophers could have played better, no doubt. However, a win is a win. Michigan State will attest to that this week.

My brother-in-law played football for a few years at the academy before he left the team to pursue getting a pilot's slot and wanted to spend extra time in the air. He, my father-in-law, and his other 2 brothers were all at the game. They tailgated with me before hand, and walked from our lot on the west bank to the stadium. They then walked around some more after I had gone into the stadium. They said that the tailgaters in the Northstar lot were amazing. Offered to give them a drink or some food for serving our country and all that jazz. All in all the only "issues" was the typical student reactions to fans from the opposing school. They were thrilled at how nice we all were to them.

Top Bottom