Brewster to Texas aTm

HoustonTXGopher

Reaction score
Played golf with one of my buddies today that is a die hard Aggie and he was so excited that Tim Brewster was joining Aggie Savior Jimbo Fischer as a part of his staff. I assume Brewster will serve Texas aTm much in the role he did at FSU. Anyway, I just shrugged and told him that Brewster is the butt of every Minnesota head coaching punch line over the past ten years. For as bad as a head coach Brewster was, I give him his props for carving out a nice living as a top recruiter and low level assistant, I just still throw up a little every time I hear the guys name. Aggieland can have Brewster and Fischer and even if they win, they are still Aggies.

I applaud him for doing what he loves to do: recruit, and coach the position that he played at a high level in the Big Ten (TE). He gave head coaching a go, and it wasn’t for him.

Florida State's Tim Brewster announces he'll join Jimbo Fisher at Texas A&M

Jimbo Fishers is adding to his Texas A&M staff.

Tim Brewster, who coached tight ends and was the recruiting coordinator under Fisher at Florida State, announced on Twitter early Tuesday he will join Fisher in Tallahassee.

"I will now join Jimbo in College Station," Brewster tweeted. "God Bless and always Go Noles.

"Nothing but love for the Seminoles, I will be forever grateful to #NoleNation for the opportunity in Tally."

Last week, it was reported Florida State running backs coach Jay Graham is leaving to join the Texas A&M coaching staff.

According to the Tallahassee Democrat, a number of assistants were not invited by Fisher to College Station but Graham, Odell Haggins and Brewster were.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/12/florida_states_tim_brewster_an.html

Go Gophers!!

I wouldn't mind being a TE coach up here if they have a slot just for his recruiting prowess.

I wouldn't mind being a TE coach up here if they have a slot just for his recruiting prowess.

I got a feeling that Brew and PJ would have a few conflicts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No Minnesota coach played WI tougher in the last 14 years than Tim Brewster.

Obviously a punchline up here, but well respected down south.

FSU fans sad to see him go.

I wouldn't know about any of this... I'm still blocked from Brew's Twitter account :confused:

I think fans here would've been sad to see him go if he had been here in a recruiting/position coach capacity. He was just over matched for the head coach job.

Besides the shellacking and 2 pt conversion fiasco circa 2010 in Madison.

Let me start by saying Tim Brewster was a disaster at the U as a head coach, but he has never said a bad word about his time here. He gave it his all and sparked fan interest. He is the butt of every joke, but the real joke should be on the guy that hired him and thought he was qualified for the job.

Let me start by saying Tim Brewster was a disaster at the U as a head coach, but he has never said a bad word about his time here. He gave it his all and sparked fan interest. He is the butt of every joke, but the real joke should be on the guy that hired him and thought he was qualified for the job.

It was a risk. And he got sold. Weird right, Brewster is a hell of a salesman.

Same thing happened to Kansas. They got hoodwinked by a recruiting expert, from Texas A&M no less, than came up and promised to deliver high-end recruits from Texas to Lawrence. Hasn't happened, and guessing he's gonna get canned after 2018 (possibly during it).

Texas A&M now has the #1 cheerleader in the country. #MrEmoji

That's perfect, because you obviously know that aTm doesn't have cheerleaders, they have all male yell leaders. Just one of the many facets that makes aggies, aggies.

It was a risk. And he got sold. Weird right, Brewster is a hell of a salesman.

Same thing happened to Kansas. They got hoodwinked by a recruiting expert, from Texas A&M no less, than came up and promised to deliver high-end recruits from Texas to Lawrence. Hasn't happened, and guessing he's gonna get canned after 2018 (possibly during it).

Meh, that comparison doesn't hold water. The gulf in class of the available candidates between Minnesota circa 2010 and Kansas circa 2015 is huge.

We were a moderately successful program about to move into a new stadium.

Beaty was in a near impossible position after the Charlie Weis nuclear wreckage. We still have no clue if he's a capable head coach or not.

Kansas announced spending $350M on new and upgraded football facilities. They already do have a decent football practice facility, by their stadium.

Mangino went 12-1, 8-5, 5-7 from 2007-09, Gill went 3-9, 2-10 from 2010-11, Weis went 1-11, 3-9 from 2012-13 and was fired four games into 2014 after going 2-2. The interim coach went 1-7 the rest of the way in 2014 (3-9 total).

Beaty has gone 0-12, 2-10, 1-11 from 2015-17. In my opinion, he is a clear step down from the 3-9ish level his predecessors were able to achieve.

I would say it's pretty safe that "he gone" after 18, unless they show major improvement.

Amen. A lot of coaches toss out some jabs or excuses years later. Tim hasn't said anything bad that I've seen.

It wasn't the right role for him then.

On the other hand I'd welcome him back as a TE coach / crooter guy in a heartbeat.

Can't blame anyone for tossing their resume out there and getting the job. Hiring him though.... jebus.

I blame Maturi for Brewster, not Brewster. Brewster is a good recruiter and may have turned into a good head coach if he had been able to make his mistakes and learn at a lower level instead of getting thrown into the deep end of the pool.

I think Brewster is viewed well everywhere but here.

He's a punchline to any Gopher joke the Minneapolis lazy media wants to tell.

Media here that doesn't know anything about Gopher football readily brings him up far too often.

I mean Mason did beat him and 05 is the most agonizing loss, but we really did let those games get away from us in Brews first three years. Same with year 4 of Kill and Claeys lone season

Kansas announced spending $350M on new and upgraded football facilities. They already do have a decent football practice facility, by their stadium.

Mangino went 12-1, 8-5, 5-7 from 2007-09, Gill went 3-9, 2-10 from 2010-11, Weis went 1-11, 3-9 from 2012-13 and was fired four games into 2014 after going 2-2. The interim coach went 1-7 the rest of the way in 2014 (3-9 total).

Beaty has gone 0-12, 2-10, 1-11 from 2015-17. In my opinion, he is a clear step down from the 3-9ish level his predecessors were able to achieve.

I would say it's pretty safe that "he gone" after 18, unless they show major improvement.

I bet they regret getting rid of Mangino now. Wasn't there some kind of player mistreatment but after the fact I believe I read, or was it due to the fact he physically looked so bad on the sideline, or was that our fan base in regards to Claeys? Maybe it was both ?.

Anyway I think Brew meant well and truly wanted to win and he certainly recruited pretty well. I know he keeps in touch with former players from his time here so that's great as far as his character goes in that regard. I think he is just best as a position coach and recruiter and I would also take him back as mentioned by other posters in that capacity.

He put the right emphasis on that game.

Yup. Then he got his name on a building.

Perfect gig for the Brewster. Good for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom