Jordan Murphy last night, and really, all season

BleedGopher

Reaction score
In spite of last night's frustrating win, not enough can be said about Murphy's performance. I realize Drake isn't strong inside, but Murphy put on an absolute clinic. The numbers he is putting up are incredible, and the ease in which he is getting double-doubles will make it seem routine, which it is not. Late in the game he had a few offensive rebounds that he had no business getting to, but his positioning and tenacity "willed" it to happen. And then he had a few just absolutely beautiful touch shots around the rim when Drake was expecting him to explosively take it to the hoop.

He is an absolute pleasure to watch.

Go Gophers!!

As GopherLady, aka Nadine Babu, said in a tweet, "If it wasn't for Murphy, Drake would be winning 1000 to 5."

This guy is worth the price of admission.

Jordan Murphy's are few and far between. Assuming he gets his degree, he will be in the rafters one day

This guy is worth the price of admission.

That is true. I hope he is around for another year because it may be quite some time before we see the likes of him again.

I think Pitino looks at Jarvis Omersa and sees some Murphy in him. I hope he is right because Murphy is a freaking stud. He was 11/14 last night. That is absolutely insane.

Still a little confused on why he didn’t get more touches. He should have taken 20+ shots. Put Mason on his side. If Murphy is doubled, let mason shoot wide open 3s. But that isn’t what this thread is about.

Murphy for all-American!!! Campaign has started.

If the season ended today, Murphy would be Big Ten POY and a first-team All American. He has truly morphed into a beast this year. I wish his hustle and tenacity would rub off on the rest of the team...

He hopefully is putting himself in a 40-55 NBA pick range. Should be better decision than when Maxx went pro despite not being nearly ready

If the season ended today, Murphy would be Big Ten POY and a first-team All American. He has truly morphed into a beast this year. I wish his hustle and tenacity would rub off on the rest of the team...

Don't you mean he....murphed into a beast this year? :cool02:

Excuse me while I show myself out...

In spite of last night's frustrating win, not enough can be said about Murphy's performance. I realize Drake isn't strong inside, but Murphy put on an absolute clinic. The numbers he is putting up are incredible, and the ease in which he is getting double-doubles will make it seem routine, which it is not. Late in the game he had a few offensive rebounds that he had no business getting to, but his positioning and tenacity "willed" it to happen. And then he had a few just absolutely beautiful touch shots around the rim when Drake was expecting him to explosively take it to the hoop.

He is an absolute pleasure to watch.

Go Gophers!!

I really hope he perfects his mid range game. It would really open up the drives.

I think Pitino looks at Jarvis Omersa and sees some Murphy in him. I hope he is right because Murphy is a freaking stud. He was 11/14 last night. That is absolutely insane.

Still a little confused on why he didn’t get more touches. He should have taken 20+ shots. Put Mason on his side. If Murphy is doubled, let mason shoot wide open 3s. But that isn’t what this thread is about.

Murphy for all-American!!! Campaign has started.

Couldn't agree more about the Mason/Murph on same side concept....was thinking throughout entire 2nd half last night. Like you said - not what this thread is about and Murph is a monster, but we're going to struggle with small lineups and Mason/Murph high-low game should be a weapon.

He hopefully is putting himself in a 40-55 NBA pick range. Should be better decision than when Maxx went pro despite not being nearly ready

It would be a horrible decision. Murphy is not and will never be a high-level NBA prospect. That doesn't mean he can't ever become an NBA player, perhaps even a great NBA player, but he would probably go undrafted this year and might sneak into the middle of the 2nd round next year.

Comparing him to Maxx is peculiar. Maxx was a solid NFL prospect and went in the 3rd round. His career hasn't turned out the way he or any of us would've hoped, but he was a much better pro prospect than Murphy.

It would be a horrible decision. Murphy is not and will never be a high-level NBA prospect. That doesn't mean he can't ever become an NBA player, perhaps even a great NBA player, but he would probably go undrafted this year and might sneak into the middle of the 2nd round next year.

Comparing him to Maxx is peculiar. Maxx was a solid NFL prospect and went in the 3rd round. His career hasn't turned out the way he or any of us would've hoped, but he was a much better pro prospect than Murphy.
I think more on Maxx capitalized on hype a lot to do with his hurdle plays before he was near ready, so if Murphy double doubles similar vs him being nba ready. I think Murphy still could be a 2nd rotation guy

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I doubt he leaves if that's where he grades out. No guarantee of a roster spot

Couldn't agree more about the Mason/Murph on same side concept....was thinking throughout entire 2nd half last night. Like you said - not what this thread is about and Murph is a monster, but we're going to struggle with small lineups and Mason/Murph high-low game should be a weapon.
And the Murph/Lynch/Murph high low finish.

I doubt he leaves if that's where he grades out. No guarantee of a roster spot

I hope he sticks around for two reasons, one, we want to see how much more of a beast he might be next year, and two, having him as a mentor for the next class could be huge.

He needs to work on the mid-range game instead of shooting 3's. If he could add that to his game, he'd be even harder to defend.

He's been unbelievable this year. Damn near automatic within a few feet of the hoop. This team would be a mess without Murphy.

He would probably go undrafted this year and might sneak into the middle of the 2nd round next year.

I'm not following this logic. It's going to be tough to top this season. Why do you think his chances are better next year? If he improves his shot a lot?

Murphy is an absolute stud but I just can't see him in the NBA. I think he will have a fantastic career overseas. It's really too bad he isn't at least 3 inches taller.

Yardbarker has Happ listed as one of the top ten candidates for poy but not Murph. Screw those idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s possible Happ isn’t 1st team All B1G unless it’s just based on past performance/reputation.

Murph will be here 4 years. Not concerned about that at all.

Would expect him to throw his name in the NBA early-entrant hopper, though, so he can get a feel of where he's at with the NBA personnel people, what he needs to do to improve his stock.

Top Bottom