Pitino on why Jamir Harris has only played 3 minutes combined in last 3 games

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

At 6'1, Harris better get that ball handling down. I don't care how good of a shooter he is. He's 6'1, he should be able to dribble

I continue to feel like he's being underutilized. As long as he's out there with one of the point guards and Coffey, they ought to be alright.

From what I have seen he's also struggled defensively with some missed assignments in the little he's played. Tough to trust against good teams with that happening......then again that seems to be an issue across the board not just with Harris.

At 6'1, Harris better get that ball handling down. I don't care how good of a shooter he is. He's 6'1, he should be able to dribble

+1. I was really surprised how uncomfortable he seems handling the ball. Not real quick either. Better shoot the heck out of it with that game.

Would expect to see Harris get some good run over these next few games before we get back into conference play. Assuming of course they don't use the entire time to work on teaching the starters how to defend. Hopefully they can figure something out in this mini stretch here to get things back on track.

This roster is a bit of a mess. We don't really have a true 2-guard on the roster save Dupree and he's more of a slasher. Harris should be that spot-up shooter but perhaps too small or not able to defend the position? Kalscheur should find immediate PT next year.

Also see McKinley Wright has been lights out at Colorado so far. Wow.

This roster is a bit of a mess. We don't really have a true 2-guard on the roster save Dupree and he's more of a slasher. Harris should be that spot-up shooter but perhaps too small or not able to defend the position? Kalscheur should find immediate PT next year.

Wright was easily the second best player in the state last year, no surprise there, I haven't paid that close of attention but Arkansas and Nebraska must have had big and quick two's, Harris play's pretty good defense, he just must have had a very bad matchup to not play.

How hard is to get him 4-5 minutes, let him fire of a couple 3's and then get him back out?

Wright was easily the second best player in the state last year, no surprise there, I haven't paid that close of attention but Arkansas and Nebraska must have had big and quick two's, Harris play's pretty good defense, he just must have had a very bad matchup to not play.
Harris plays good defense? Which Harris are you watching? It can't be the one playing for the Gophers cause the Gopher Harris has struggled so far.
Will he improve? I have no doubts that he will eventually be a good defender. Just not yet.

We did our best to get him

Harris plays good defense? Which Harris are you watching? It can't be the one playing for the Gophers cause the Gopher Harris has struggled so far.
Will he improve? I have no doubts that he will eventually be a good defender. Just not yet.

Harris better than Washington at keeping his man in front of him. Better feet, better fundamentals. And better effort than most every other guard on the roster. If he hasn't mastered the scheme and is missing assignments, he's not going to get better by sitting on the bench. If Pitino's serious about cultivating depth, it's time to put his money where his mouth is. What's the worst that can happen - we lose two out of three games or something?

Harris better than Washington at keeping his man in front of him. Better feet, better fundamentals. And better effort than most every other guard on the roster. If he hasn't mastered the scheme and is missing assignments, he's not going to get better by sitting on the bench. If Pitino's serious about cultivating depth, it's time to put his money where his mouth is. What's the worst that can happen - we lose two out of three games or something?
Harris has two to three hours of daily practice to show Pitino what he can do. The games are the stage where you show us what you practiced. Our kids aren't practicing well and it's showing up in the games. Harris will earn his minutes in practice.

Harris has two to three hours of daily practice to show Pitino what he can do. The games are the stage where you show us what you practiced. Our kids aren't practicing well and it's showing up in the games. Harris will earn his minutes in practice.

Tell me what you're seeing in practice. I only have my eyes to go on.

Tell me what you're seeing in practice. I only have my eyes to go on.
I don't see it. That's why I trust Pitino and staff. Clearly Harris hasn't shown them enough in practice to get him minutes in a game.

In case you'd like the video:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

In case you'd like the video:

This just does not suffice as a good enough answer to me after that game and especially with how it started. Our best shooter does not play... Makes little to no sense.

Top Bottom