***OFFICIAL DRAKE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Is Hurt really our best option? Or is he getting playing time as a recruiting tool to land his brother?

Well, if his brother is as good as they say: Is 1 or 2 years of Matthew Hurt worth 4 years of Michael Hurt?

t34K6Mp.gif

Who else is going to play. I will say it again taking on stockman was a horrible decision and was nothing but a favor to his dad. Even before the curry injury we should have been after a backup wing. But glad we get a 1 year guy who is a career 2 point a game scorers.

Well, if his brother is as good as they say: Is 1 or 2 years of Matthew Hurt worth 4 years of Michael Hurt?[/QUOTE

Glad we got the W. Murphy continues to be unreal. Coffey finally ignited in the 2nd half.

Richard was honest in his interview - "we weren't playing hard" in the first half. Hope he LIGHTS THEM UP over the next 9 days of practice.

Whew....ugly first half, better second half....win is a win but that was not pretty overall outside of Murph of course. Coffey started scoring in the second half but also made some really bad passes and tried to force some things.

Pitino talking about players not playing hard and acting entitled, similar themes that have been discussed here. Tell he is relieved about the win but not happy with the way the team played. Loss would have been a disaster, thank goodness Murphy had an awesome game and carried the squad.

It's a W.

Moving on....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well, if his brother is as good as they say: Is 1 or 2 years of Matthew Hurt worth 4 years of Michael Hurt?

Yeah, bringing him in cold off the bench to be fouled and clank one makes no sense... He is cold, and never shots when he is on the floor anyway. I don't get that one.

I would like to see where our team ranks in Free Throw percentage? It feels like we should be at the near bottom.

Who else is going to play. I will say it again taking on stockman was a horrible decision and was nothing but a favor to his dad. Even before the curry injury we should have been after a backup wing. But glad we get a 1 year guy who is a career 2 point a game scorers.

Well, if his brother is as good as they say: Is 1 or 2 years of Matthew Hurt worth 4 years of Michael Hurt?[/QUOTE

I'd rather have Gas on the floor than Hurt. I do agree with you about Stockman and I complained a great deal about it at the time. I would have preferred that Pitino went "all in" for THIS year. Having said that, I do believe Stockman will help next year.

I had my hands ready to push the panic button there at the end. A W is a W, hopefully a little layoff can help this squad regroup.

I would like to see where our team ranks in Free Throw percentage? It feels like we should be at the near bottom.

Not counting tonight we are 9th in the conference at just under 70%. Tonight's game won't change that much. Free throw percentages all over college basketball are pretty bad.

Not to be negative, but those last 20 seconds could have become a nightmare for the season had a foul been called on that last shot.

Not to be negative, but those last 20 seconds could have become a nightmare for the season had a foul been called on that last shot.

No doubt. Based on where we were with 30 seconds left, we should have won by 10. Turnover, missed front-end, another turnover. It would have put the Illinois 2002 game to shame.

This is a crappy team at the moment and it all comes down to one thing imo: Their attitude flat sucks.

You can talk all day about offensive execution and defensive adjustments. But if you don't have the right mindset from the start, none of that matters. Time and time again these guys pout when things don't go their way.

I've seen it from almost every guy on this team, but especially Nate, Amir, Dupree and Reggie. Even Murph sulks at certain times.

Bottom line is that these guys need to freaking grow up.

Frankly, it's disgusting how bad their body language gets in tough spots.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

This is a crappy team at the moment and it all comes down to one thing imo: Their attitude flat sucks.

You can talk all day about offensive execution and defensive adjustments. But if you don't have the right mindset from the start, none of that matters. Time and time again these guys pout when things don't go their way.

I've seen it from almost every guy on this team, but especially Nate, Amir, Dupree and Reggie. Even Murph sulks at certain times.

Washington is probably the worst offender

When Lynch catches the ball at the post, I would like to see him pivot to the basket and go up strong rather than pivot into the lane and go up soft.
The high low passing with Murphy and Lynch was nice to see tonight.

As mentioned earlier, when they get subbed for, they barely make it off the court (pouting and baby stepping it all the way). It's as if they are in defiance of the coach.

As a coach I look at effort, hustle and attitude more than I do anything else. I see terrible body language with almost all of the players. They do not look like they are playing together and they don't look like they're having any fun. There's a lot of head-hanging and what looks like pouty facial expressions. There is very little positive emotion. I'm not being negative, but all of these signs point to a very disappointing season if it does not get corrected in a hurry.

As mentioned earlier, when they get subbed for, they barely make it off the court (pouting and baby stepping it all the way). It's as if they are in defiance of the coach.

IMO Coffey has had the worst attidue...

Or their shots aren’t falling. Come on, a week ago everyone was on board. They need to figure out how to beat the double at the top to get their offense clicking. I’m honestly surprised we haven’t starting pressing to create some offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was a terrible game. Doesn't seem like we run any type of offense at the moment

For the first 25 minutes or so, it looked like most of the team would rather be doing just about anything but play basketball. They looked bored and disinterested.

As a coach I look at effort, hustle and attitude more than I do anything else. I see terrible body language with almost all of the players. They do not look like they are playing together and they don't look like they're having any fun. There's a lot of head-hanging and what looks like pouty facial expressions. There is very little positive emotion. I'm not being negative, but all of these signs point to a very disappointing season if it does not get corrected in a hurry.

Of all the things going on this is probably the biggest thing I have noticed when comparing this year to last year. Last year this team was a joy to watch, this year, even when things are going well there just feels like there is something missing. Coffey gets very frustrated, Washington's attitude issues have been discussed but I also think one of the biggest culprits is Mason. He rarely smiles and seems to be having a good time out there this year. The swagger and attitude from last year is missing right now, hopefully they can find it again and get back to looking like the enjoy playing together.

Lots of season left and they are still in a really good position record wise at the moment but this Drake team should not have been able to push us to the brink. This team is way too talented for that but something is just off across the board with this group.

I think you are spot-on with these comments. Its plainly obvious and pretty damn disappointing (and even more disappointing to see it from a freshman). Should be enjoying and savoring every minute of college ball.

Lack of depth and loss of Springs/Curry also a major, major issue for this years team. Springs left a leadership void.

For a team that has zero future NBA players, they sure act like they do. That needs to change.

Top Bottom