North Dakota State

All Gopherholers should be pulling for the Jacks to win the FCS Championship this year. A good compliment of Minnesota players and an appreciative not arrogant fan base like that team (NDSU) we beat earlier this year.

I will most definitely be cheering for the Jacks, given that: 1. I'm a South Dakota native; 2. Practically everyone in my family but me went to SDSU; and 3. NDAC sucks donkey balls.

Good thing you are keeping me honest on the roster. Ever heard of All-American WR Jake Wieneke out of Maple Grove? He only scored 4 touchdowns last week in the route of New Hampshire.

He is a great player.

One player is not a good compliment. SDSU is not a Minnesota team. NDSU is.

I will most definitely be cheering for the Jacks, given that: 1. I'm a South Dakota native; 2. Practically everyone in my family but me went to SDSU; and 3. NDAC sucks donkey balls.

SDSU isn't a real rivalry. NDSU's real rival always was UND, and will restart when they join the MVFC.

Likewise, SDSU's real rival is USD.

The marker was a nice idea, and a good placeholder, for a time.

He is a great player.

One player is not a good compliment. SDSU is not a Minnesota team. NDSU is.

SDSU has 18 on their roster of 113 players. NDSU has 30 or 110 players.

All Gopherholers should be pulling for the Jacks to win the FCS Championship this year. A good compliment of Minnesota players and an appreciative not arrogant fan base like that team (NDSU) we beat earlier this year.

I'd rather root for SDSU over NDSU any day. You have my vote.

NDSU fans are so annoying. That's what does it for me. Go Jackrabbits!!!

SDSU beat them last season during the year, then lost to them in playoffs.
Beat them again this season and now may have a chance to beat them in the Championship game if they can get by JMU and NDSU can win as well.
As a football fan it would be great to see SDSU play NDSU in Frisco.
I'd be pulling for SDSU for the simple fact that NDSU has won it before and SDSU hasn't

SDSU beat them last season during the year, then lost to them in playoffs.
Beat them again this season and now may have a chance to beat them in the Championship game if they can get by JMU and NDSU can win as well.
As a football fan it would be great to see SDSU play NDSU in Frisco.
I'd be pulling for SDSU for the simple fact that NDSU has won it before and SDSU hasn't

Would be the second time in four seasons that the championship game featured two teams from the Missouri Valley (the natty for the 2014 season, NDSU beat Illinois State)

SDSU has 18 on their roster of 113 players. NDSU has 30 or 110 players.

FCS teams can only provide scholarships to at most 85 players, first of all. Any excess are non-scholarship players, same as the FBS.

So IMO the more fair thing to look at is:
- number of Minnesota kids that sign scholarships in each class to play at the four Dakotas
- number of starters/major contributors that are playing at the four Dakotas

Yes, SDSU has Wieneke from Maple Grove. But their two most important players on offense, arguably, are their QB (from Sioux Falls) and their big TE (from rural SD).

And nobody cares about your D2 team.

But have fun with that.

The bottom line is this: Nobody give a **** about these teams. They are irrelevant.

And yet here you are.

The inferiority complex our fan base has when it comes to the school in Fargo is just plain embarrassing. I'll never understand it, or why so many of our fans are so passionate and irate about anything that deals with NDSU.

And yet here you are.

The inferiority complex our fan base has when it comes to the school in Fargo is just plain embarrassing. I'll never understand it, or why so many of our fans are so passionate and irate about anything that deals with NDSU.

Generally only irritated by the trolls on here, but if you were a season ticket holder and in the stands when they played them you might be able to understand it.

Why is this thread in this forum?

This has nothing to do with Gopher football.

Can't this be moved to an off-topic board that no one looks at?

I thought Big 10 teams couldn't schedule anyone at this level anymore. If they can, why aren't we? We should play these closer teams all the time. Maybe our half-empty stadium would be three quarters full for a preseason game once in awhile.

I thought Big 10 teams couldn't schedule anyone at this level anymore. If they can, why aren't we? We should play these closer teams all the time. Maybe our half-empty stadium would be three quarters full for a preseason game once in awhile.

That rule changed in part because group of five teams were taking advantage of it and charging ridiculous amounts to schedule games knowing couldn't schedule FCS schools. Teams were having problems filling schedules

There is NOTHING to gain from scheduling those games.

That’s great for SDSU, they recruit Nebraska hard.

Why is this thread in this forum?

This has nothing to do with Gopher football.

Can't this be moved to an off-topic board that no one looks at?

Good question. It is off season though, so there isn't a whole lot to talk about especially since this recruiting class appears to be full.

They just changed the rule back this summer. Schedules are made years in advance. I saw NDSU fans bitching on another forum that the Gophers haven't scheduled them. They've had less than six months where it has been even possible, yet some believe that scheduling them should be a top priority.
My message to their fanbase: Move up, or shut up.

They just changed the rule back this summer. Schedules are made years in advance. I saw NDSU fans bitching on another forum that the Gophers haven't scheduled them. They've had less than six months where it has been even possible, yet some believe that scheduling them should be a top priority.
My message to their fanbase: Move up, or shut up.

They don't understand that there is absolutely zero incentive for the Gophers to schedule that game. I literally cannot think of one good reason.

I do not begrudge any other program for having success. Having success means you are doing something right.

yes, there are different levels of football - so the best comparison is within levels. Within their level, NDSU is one of the best programs in the country. They are competing against other programs that play by the same rules (scholarships, budgets, facilities, etc.)

Within their level, the Gophers are not one of the best programs in the country. They have not been one of the best programs in the country for over 50 years.

If the Gophers dropped down to FCS, could they win national championships? possibly. If NDSU moved up to the Gophers' level, would they have as much success as the Gophers? Possibly. We can argue that point until eternity.

but, it does not change the fact that - at their level - NDSU has been a much more successful program than the Gophers. Having Gopher fans sniping at NDSU does not change that. In fact, there are very few teams out there that the Gophers can feel superior to. Maybe Fleck will change that. Only time will tell.

Ticket sales.

Nope. It seems that would be the case, but there is actually evidence to the contrary. The last game we played against them had the lowest ticket sales of any non-conference home game that season. Couldn't even out-draw Miami (OH) or New Mexico State that year.

Nope. It seems that would be the case, but there is actually evidence to the contrary. The last game we played against them had the lowest ticket sales of any non-conference home game that season. Couldn't even out-draw Miami (OH) or New Mexico State that year.

2006 - 63K for NDSU, 2nd only to Iowa game.
2007 - 63K for NDSU, biggest crowd of the season (even larger than Wisky game).

2006 - 63K for NDSU, 2nd only to Iowa game.
2007 - 63K for NDSU, biggest crowd of the season (even larger than Wisky game).

Yeah and if the U suddenly has to fill 62,000 seats and offer a bunch of 4 packs for $40 again to do it, it might be a decent idea...

Yeah and if the U suddenly has to fill 62,000 seats and offer a bunch of 4 packs for $40 again to do it, it might be a decent idea...

Right. We have a 51K stadium and 22K in season tickets. So ticket sales are no problem. Heck, we had a 40K crowd for Nebraska this year, that’s almost a sell-out!

Right. We have a 51K stadium and 22K in season tickets. So ticket sales are no problem. Heck, we had a 40K crowd for Nebraska this year, that’s almost a sell-out!

Surprising coming from a troll like you but you're right. Looking at the attendance for the Cornhusker and Badger games turnout that the NE fans are truly frontrunners and Badger fans are certainly "fair weather" only. :D

Top Bottom