Hawkeye safety Brandon Snyder arrested, charged with operating while intoxicated

Taji34

Reaction score
per the Des Moines Register:
A University of Iowa football player was arrested early Sunday morning for drunken driving.

Brandon Paul Snyder, 22, was charged with operating while under the influence in Iowa City at 3:04 a.m., according to the police blotter on the Iowa City Police Department website.

Snyder was pulled over at Melrose Avenue and Hawkins Drive, which is near Kinnick Stadium.

According to the criminal complaint, he had "bloodshot, watery eyes, dilated pupils, eyelid tremors, impaired speech and smelled of alcohol."

Snyder admitted he'd been drinking, was wearing multiple wristbands and failed a breathalyzer test.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...ndon-snyder-arrested-drunk-driving/938759001/

Wonder if this will effect playing time for him at all next year.

I notice this is from the Des Moines paper. Did local Iowa City news report on this at all or did they sweep it under the rug?

Heard that Vodka Sam was riding shotgun with him, giving him pointers!

Hope the kid learns and grows from this. Good news is that no one was hurt. If he learns from this experience, then no one need be in the future either.

Heard that Vodka Sam was riding shotgun with him, giving him pointers!

Not included in the arrest report is where Snyder got out of the car and delivered a cheap shot to the cop. JK but I always thought the guy was a bit of a dirty player.

So they just used the Des Moines story? You'd think an arrest of a football player would be big enough news for the local paper to write their own story on it. Methinks they wanted to keep it hush hush

Common practice in a dying industry, but keep searching for the conspiracy!

I notice this is from the Des Moines paper. Did local Iowa City news report on this at all or did they sweep it under the rug?

Owned by the same company. Hawk stories are all carried on a shared link from "Hawk Central" from both newspapers.

And, even though they are only 30 minutes from Ames, the Register sports staff puts most of their energy into trying to find dirt on Iowa State. :(

With that sad, this isn't really much of a story. I get more bent when someone gets beat up or assaulted and they brush it aside.

So, he was wearing multiple wristbands. What the bleep does that mean? He could have been wearing one of those Lance Armstrong wristbands, or WWJD.

could one of the drinkers on here enlighten me - why would wearing multiple wristbands be relevant to a DWI arrest?

So, he was wearing multiple wristbands. What the bleep does that mean? He could have been wearing one of those Lance Armstrong wristbands, or WWJD.

could one of the drinkers on here enlighten me - why would wearing multiple wristbands be relevant to a DWI arrest?

All-age bars often provide wristbands to patrons who are of legal age to differentiate them from those who are not of drinking age. That may be an explanation. As for the multiple bands, he may have visited multiple bars.

Some places do wristbands instead of a mark on the back of the hand or something like that to signify someone is allowed to buy alcohol at an event. It likely means he went to a bunch of different places to drink, got wasted, and then got caught driving.

Top Bottom