Just for Fun- Your Projected Started OL for next year

Put VV at QB, Smith at RB, Bateman, Johnson, and Douglas and someone else as WR.

By B1G schedule you have a huge upgrade over this last year. Fleck won't miss a worthy bowl this year. He will pull the stops. This team will score, now fix the D.
Chris Autman Bell will start at WR.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Lt- Faalele
LG- Dunlap
C- Olson
RG- Andries
LT- Dickson

Our 2s, maybe 3s should be better than last years starters. They will all play plenty, so don't get all upset. This group will need time to mesh. That is largely up to Olson.

I for one am glad Fleck is not the type to just plop whatever shiny new thing pops up in front of his face every five seconds into the starting lineup. Every player would leave the team.

New guys will bide their time, and have all the opportunity in the world to earn playing time ... in due time.

That will change as he learns how to win in the B1G.

Lt- Faalele
LG- Dunlap
C- Olson
RG- Andries
LT- Dickson

Our 2s, maybe 3s should be better than last years starters. They will all play plenty, so don't get all upset. This group will need time to mesh. That is largely up to Olson.

If this is our starting line up at any point during the season, we are in trouble.

Greene, Shlueter, Weyler, Dovich, Oseland, should all be in the mix for starting ahead Faalele and Dunlop. Andreis and Dickson should also be part of that competition to start. Not only that, but all the players who were redshirted this past year not named Blaise will fit somewhere. Regardless of who does start and where, we will have a decent list of 2 deeps to fill in when and if injuries happen.

So he burned the redshirt of Douglas, who was the second or maybe even best receiver we had, but refused to burn Andries even though he was actually the second or maybe even the best OT we had. I don’t buy it.

But yes it is silly to argue further. Can’t wait for spring!

He might of felt the drop off from DD was more than that of BA. BA didn't play this year to save a RS. PJ absolutely said as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He might of felt the drop off from DD was more than that of BA. BA didn't play this year to save a RS. PJ absolutely said as much.

If he did, it was only because that sounded better in the media than "BA isn't good enough to beat out Greene and Schleuter".

Prove otherwise

If this is our starting line up at any point during the season, we are in trouble.

Greene, Shlueter, Weyler, Dovich, Oseland, should all be in the mix for starting ahead Faalele and Dunlop. Andreis and Dickson should also be part of that competition to start. Not only that, but all the players who were redshirted this past year not named Blaise will fit somewhere. Regardless of who does start and where, we will have a decent list of 2 deeps to fill in when and if injuries happen.

At least one person gets it!

If he did, it was only because that sounded better in the media than "BA isn't good enough to beat out Greene and Schleuter".

Prove otherwise

Dear God, man. Did Blaise kick your dog or something? I think he was and is better than Schleuter. Prove otherwise.

I think he was and is better than Schleuter. Prove otherwise.

Already did -- Schlueter played, Andries didn't. You think you have an argument with the redshirt, but that has already been disproven with the playing of Douglas.

I wish Andries and all the players coming off their true freshman seasons, most of whom will be entering their first winter workouts and first spring practice at Minnesota, the best of luck! If Andries beats out Schlueter in the spring, or in the fall if need be, so be it.

He won't start out the spring at #1. And he won't be moved to guard. (my guesses)

Already did -- Schlueter played, Andries didn't. You think you have an argument with the redshirt, but that has already been disproven with the playing of Douglas.

I offered a reason why playing DD doesn't prove your theory RE Andries (& it is only one of many possible reasons). I don't know, or care, which was better - but by your statement you are assuming no other Fr were better than those playing this year and that RSing was not a reason in itself for any of them not to play. Hell, that would prove PJ a liar and I wasn't even the one to say it.

Good Talk.

All we're talking about is who is going to be the starting OL for 2018 season. And to date, my posts have only said -- explicitly saying it too -- that BA won't start out at guard or the #1 tackle spot in the spring.

He might earn the #1 tackle spot by the end of spring. I definitely don't think he will play guard.

The conversation shifted then, from him playing guard, to him already supposedly being the best tackle on the team.

There just seems to be a cohort here who want to anoint whatever new shiny thing pops up as the best player on the team. I get that you love recruiting, I get that you're excited about a new recruit. Great. But just relax. It takes time.

So he burned the redshirt of Douglas, who was the second or maybe even best receiver we had, but refused to burn Andries even though he was actually the second or maybe even the best OT we had. I don’t buy it.

But yes it is silly to argue further. Can’t wait for spring!

“What it’s going to do is set you back another recruiting class,” Fleck said, “and there has to be a line I draw in the sand at some point.”

http://www.winonadailynews.com/spor...cle_87736293-497f-5fb1-8f9b-165355300409.html

That was just after a minute of searching. If I took more time I'm sure I could find more instances of him saying similar things.

Just because b.a. didn't play doesn't mean he's not better... year 0 was going to be rough fleck didn't want to waste a year of his best O.l. to a wasted year... he will start next year.. But it probably won't be at tackle... why would you burn a redshirt if its not going to get you more wins..

He played Douglas, because he was better.

...and Fleck knows what his WR recruits look like coming in 2018. If you feel the 2018 kids are better, you might as well play what you have and move them through the program. He feels future recruiting will be better.

Also there literally no reliable upper-class options this year.

The IMG guys have been playing against college level players for the past year plus. I definitely don't see Dunlap being red-shirted. Fah-a-le-le, will most likely be redshirted, but you never know.

LT Greene
LG Dunlap
C Olson
RG Oseland
RT Andries

Dickson - first sub at Tackle at least 10 snaps a game

Greene, Faalele, Olson, Dunlap and Andries would average 340 lbs across the line!

LT - Greene
LG - Andries
C - Weyler
RG - Olson
RT - Dickson

Faalele will redshirt. He's played 1 season of football games in his life. Love his potential, but he won't be ready for D1 his first season.

If I had to guess, Dunlap will be on the Andries plan. Good enough to play, but will redshirt unless enough injuries happen.

Top Bottom