IMG Academy OL Daniel Faalele commits to the Gophers

Cartilage and ligaments cannot adjust to extra weight. It's possible to strengthen the muscles around a joint but weight does nothing but harm to the integrity of a joint.

I generally agree with this sentiment.

Think of tendons and ligaments like rope or cables. You can't make a metal cable that connects two beams stronger than it already is. It is what it is.

However, I do think that larger humans generally have larger/thicker joints, simply by their genetics. That wouldn't necessarily mean they're less prone to tears ... but would be an interesting study.

Your interpretation is your business.

At the very worst, I simply misworded it. I was always making the point that bringing in a highly ranked high school talent does not guarantee that you'll wind up with a highly talented college football player.

no sh*t. And drafting a CFB player in the first round doesn't guarantee they will be a highly talented NFL players. And.... And...

I like the odds of recruiting really good high school players who have the most potential of turning into really good college players. And if Dunlap and Faalele aren't talented now, which high school o-line recruits in the last 10 years were?

Top Bottom