Dunlap and Faalee Commit!!

Yes, the class as a whole is unprecedented. These players are not. Again, you can just be very happy that these guys will be Gophers and not try to sh1t on previous staffs.

Highest ranked OL recruit ever = not unprecedented

Got it....

Yes, the class as a whole is unprecedented. These players are not. Again, you can just be very happy that these guys will be Gophers and not try to sh1t on previous staffs.

Thanks for revealing your agenda. Your the only person on here who thought my comment was a shot at previous staffs. And everything I said was spot on.

Thanks for revealing your agenda. Your the only person on here who thought my comment was a shot at previous staffs. And everything I said was spot on.

It's funny how he asks you "not to sh*t on previous staffs", but his whole LIFE on this board is sh*tting on people and their posts and telling how they're wrong and he is smarter. He is like our very own GopherHole Trump!

This is pretty amazing. Huge area of need and PJ takes big step to fixing it. I wonder if we have to wait till 2019 to see them tho - I am a huge believer of always red shirting OL and DL. Been reading Dunlap might be ready as a Fr, but If still rather RS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is pretty amazing. Huge area of need and PJ takes big step to fixing it. I wonder if we have to wait till 2019 to see them tho - I am a huge believer of always red shirting OL and DL. Been reading Dunlap might be ready as a Fr, but If still rather RS.

Faalele should definitely redshirt, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Dunlap right away. Don't we lose both guards? And who's behind them?

I'll be curious how much of this class plays next year vs redshirt as well.
Faalele would seem to be the candidate for the red shirt since he hasn't played football that much.

Dunlop does sound like a likely option as a freshman.

Not to mention so much changes over the course of 11 days / 8 months.

WRONG. I've been on this board since Jason Groth started it back in 1996. I lived in the dorms at Pioneer Hall and found this board. The fact is that you don't even know who he is, so don't push your false agenda. If you need a verification, you can ask Bleed Gopher who Jason Groth is. Thanks for hanging yourself with your arrogance.

I do know who Jason Groth is. Happy for you on the rest.

I think Zack Annexstad needs some kudos for any influence he had in getting these two lineman to commit to MN.

Awesome end after that abomination of a basketball game.

It would be nice to have Faalee RS. That extra year of being able to learn some more of the little things about football. Dunlap I would like to see redshirt, but if he comes out and his head over heels better than the other guy who would start, I think he needs to play. Fleck may be able to hid the line a little bit if VV can create for himself. Nice to see a little flexibility occur though

Speaking of steaks...how much of a factor do you think the new Land of Lakes nutrition center played? These boys will likely eat an unprecedented amount of food at the the U of M.

Speaking of steaks...how much of a factor do you think the new Land of Lakes nutrition center played? <b>These boys will likely eat an unprecedented amount of food at the the U of M.</b>

Big deal. I did that at the dorms my freshman year.

Wow! Very impressive if they can get these two kids to sign on the dotted line. Fingers crossed.

Biggest o line in the country?

Wow

Crappy day at work but much needed pick me up news. Super excited to have these two IMG guy's Dunlap and Faalele rowing the boat along with Anexstad. Big dudes that can really move, maybe the Gophers are moving on up in the West, and finally getting a Big 10 O-line.
Like the other poster said RTMFB and SKI U MAH!

STrib: Gophers add two huge offensive linemen to recruiting class

The Gophers offensive line just got a lot bigger.

Curtis Dunlap, a 6-4, 368-pound guard, and Daniel Faalele, a 6-9, 400-pound tackle, teammates at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., announced on Twitter that they were verbally committing to Minnesota.

Both Dunlap, rated as a four-star player by recruiting-focused website 247Sports.com, and Faalele, a three-star player, were in the Twin Cities as part of the Gophers’ “eLITe18Palooza’’ recruiting event.

Dunlap, who withdrew his verbal commitment from Florida on Tuesday, is rated the sixth-best guard nationally in the recruiting Class of 2018. Dunlap also had offers from Oklahoma, Miami, Florida State and Georgia, among others. Dunlap is the Gophers’ highest-ranked recruit in this class and the second four-star player, joining wide receiver Rashod Bateman of Tift County High School in Tifton, Ga.

Faalele, a Melbourne, Australia, native who played varsity football for the first time this season, is rated the 27th-best offensive tackle in the Class of 2018. He also had offers from Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, Auburn and Arkansas, among others.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-add-two-huge-offensive-linemen-to-recruiting-class/463105193/

Go Gophers!!

On paper, this looks good for the future.

But, the last time I checked, they don't play the games on paper. They play on grass or turf.

I feel the same way about all recruits. I will get excited when I see them on the field, making plays that help the Gophers win. Until that happens, they represent potential. Potential is great, but a lot of guys have potential. Some players realize their potential, some players don't. You can say I'm being a wet blanket. I say I'm being pragmatic. If you promise you're going to give me $20, I can't take that promise to a store and buy some food. If you actually give me $20, then I can go to the store.

Point being - no one knows what the future holds. We can hope these guys will: 1. sign a LOI on signing day. 2. go to class 3. stay out of trouble and 4. play well. If you want to get excited about potential and hope, that is your choice. I will get excited when I see tangible results on the field. That is my choice.

But, the last time I checked, they don't play the games on paper. They play on grass or turf.

I feel the same way about all recruits. I will get excited when I see them on the field, making plays that help the Gophers win. Until that happens, they represent potential. Potential is great, but a lot of guys have potential. Some players realize their potential, some players don't. You can say I'm being a wet blanket. I say I'm being pragmatic. If you promise you're going to give me $20, I can't take that promise to a store and buy some food. If you actually give me $20, then I can go to the store.

Point being - no one knows what the future holds. We can hope these guys will: 1. sign a LOI on signing day. 2. go to class 3. stay out of trouble and 4. play well. If you want to get excited about potential and hope, that is your choice. I will get excited when I see tangible results on the field. That is my choice.

As a pragmatist, would you care to argue this fact? The teams in college football who recruit the best players win the most. Nothing happens in college football without good recruiting. We wouldn't know here, because since recruiting has become a covered topic, the Gophers have NOT been able to consistently recruit top players.

I think most people agree with most of what you are saying, but we appreciate the positive news at this time of year.

I'd sooner have 25 guys with "high ceilings" than 25 guys with "medium high ceilings".
If you end up with 65% attrition however, only 7-10 of these guys will matter in three years and at this point we have no idea which ones they would be.

We hope they all sign.
We hope they all play.
We hope they all play here 4 years, etc.

But in the end, some won't and we don't know which.

PJ has stated recruiting is the most important piece of improving a college football team. So if we give PJ the benefit of the doubt that this is true, it's at least good to see PJ's process following his plan so far.

You have been trained really well the last forty years as a true Gopher fan like a Pavlovian dog.

The Faalele kid is certainly something else. He's likely to make a lot of mistakes early on and there's going to be growing pains, but if they're patient, he's the type of player that could very well hear his name called with the #1 overall pick at the NFL draft.

Exactly

Top Bottom