Dunlap and Faalee Commit!!

Also not to throw cold water on everything but I fully expect southern schools, especially FL and FSU with the new coaches, to come hard after these two over the next 11 days.

Good thing about this is...

PJ brought in all the families together. So parents are networking.
The kids know each other and are networking / bonding.

Should make it a lot tougher for one or two to change their mind when they are going through these shared experiences.

Regarding other schools trying to poach them. It could happen, but if the players are strongly committed, it makes it a waste of time for the other schools to keep fighting for them versus going after easier poaching targets.

Dunlap offers:
1VhtFF.png

Faalele offers:
sYydSt.png

I recognize a couple of those logos... I think one is even a SEC school.

/s

Hayo Carpenter was only rated that high by Scout, not composite.

We've never landed a player with the amount of helmet school offers as Faalele. Bama, Auburn, Georgia, Michigan, and about 20 others.

Carpenter's composite rating was .9444.

Landing 2 out of state o-linemen of their caliber. In one night. No precedent.

Why on Earth does it matter that they both committed in the same night? Now you're qualifying with "out of state OL" as well. Just stop. Be happy that they committed and quit trying to make silly statements.

Good thing about this is...

PJ brought in all the families together. So parents are networking.
The kids know each other and are networking / bonding.

Should make it a lot tougher for one or two to change their mind when they are going through these shared experiences.

Regarding other schools trying to poach them. It could happen, but if the players are strongly committed, it makes it a waste of time for the other schools to keep fighting for them versus going after easier poaching targets.

Don't disagree with anything you say. Go back and forth regarding whether I think this gathering may have been better next weekend than now. Less time for poaching after (no weekends before signing day) but may not have gotten everyone here if poached or signed elsewhere before. Regardless, VERY EXCITING!!

Lets Go!! Congrats to both of these young men! This is a good night for Gophers football

Why on Earth does it matter that they both committed in the same night? Now you're qualifying with "out of state OL" as well. Just stop. Be happy that they committed and quit trying to make silly statements.

Do you need a hug? You're so sad. At a moment when we're celebrating, you - AS USUAL - are busy trying to play fact checker on the GopherHole. What a life!

Don't disagree with anything you say. Go back and forth regarding whether I think this gathering may have been better next weekend than now. Less time for poaching after (no weekends before signing day) but may not have gotten everyone here if poached or signed elsewhere before. Regardless, VERY EXCITING!!

I was wondering about the timing as well, but I think the idea was to have next weekend open for plan B's.

Did Fa'alele's family get flown in from Australia by PJ Fleck? That is a magnanimous thing to do.

We have the highest rated o-line class in the modern recruiting era. We have the highest rated o-lineman ever. How else would you like me to state it? Unprecedented.

Carpenter's composite rating was .9444.

Thanks for that comparison.

On a night like tonight when we got two strong commitments, I think we were all worried that Gopher fans would once again be too happy about something good happening.
It's important to have someone who compares our best recruits this year to people who have been the biggest recruiting busts in Big Ten history, so the skepticism that lies in the back of Gopher fan's heads for 50 years still burns brightly.

Thanks again for everything you do here to keep optimism from flaming too brightly on a cold winter's night.

Happy Holiday's to you, your friends and family... but not too happy.
Let's not get crazy.

Did Fa'alele's family get flown in from Australia by PJ Fleck? That is a magnanimous thing to do.

I believe the parents may have moved stateside too. I know they were in Alabama for an OV three weeks ago, and also visited Georgia for a game.

This is amazing.. 2 huge commitments..

Now to set our sights on quinn

Now if we could just lock those two up in a motel room until Dec. 20. Years ago that was a common thing. Once you got a kid to visit near the signing date, it wasn't unusual to hid the kid until they could sign the letter. Guty was famous for this, although it really didn't pay off in victories.

Gee, don't players in Alabama have fancy wheels they can get at a discount?

Do you need a hug? You're so sad. At a moment when we're celebrating, you - AS USUAL - are busy trying to play fact checker on the GopherHole. What a life!

I'm not going to let people push their false agendas. I've been posting here much longer than you have and have been consistent throughout. Deal with it.

I'm not sad at all. I'm very pumped, actually.

We have the highest rated o-line class in the modern recruiting era. We have the highest rated o-lineman ever. How else would you like me to state it? Unprecedented.

Yes, the class as a whole is unprecedented. These players are not. Again, you can just be very happy that these guys will be Gophers and not try to sh1t on previous staffs.

I'm not going to let people push their false agendas. I've been posting here much longer than you have and have been consistent throughout. Deal with it.

I'm not sad at all. I'm very pumped, actually.

WRONG. I've been on this board since Jason Groth started it back in 1996. I lived in the dorms at Pioneer Hall and found this board. The fact is that you don't even know who he is, so don't push your false agenda. If you need a verification, you can ask Bleed Gopher who Jason Groth is. Thanks for hanging yourself with your arrogance.

Top Bottom