Pitino and expectations.

balds

Reaction score
Say what you will, he consistently defies them.

1 in a row? Ok whatever. 2 meltdowns in a row?

Before the season I'd have said:

24 wins or more: A
23 A-
22 B
21 B-
20 C
19 D
18 or less F.

I would maintain that. The Nebraska loss was unexpected. This one wasn't really, though I hoped to split Arkansas/Miami. But the magnitude of the defeats is not good. I hope they can get it together.

Pretty sure he is talking about his second year when they were predicted/expected to be a tourney team and they were awful. Hard to argue right now the effort level is very concerning. Outside of Iowa and Wisconsin would say we are the next biggest disappointment.

Before the season I'd have said:

24 wins or more: A
23 A-
22 B
21 B-
20 C
19 D
18 or less F.

I would maintain that. The Nebraska loss was unexpected. This one wasn't really, though I hoped to split Arkansas/Miami. But the magnitude of the defeats is not good. I hope they can get it together.

We "should" roll into the bulk of BT play 12-3. That means we have to go 10-8 in the BT and win one in the tourney to get to 22. I expect more than 22 for sure

We "should" roll into the bulk of BT play 12-3. That means we have to go 10-8 in the BT and win one in the tourney to get to 22. I expect more than 22 for sure

Not including the BTT in those.

We “should” be decent by the end of Pitino’s contract.

Year 1, zero expectations......25 wins and NIT championship.
Year 2, high expectations........
Year 4, no expectations.......5 seed.
year 5, very high expectations............................

Year 1, zero expectations......25 wins and NIT championship.
Year 2, high expectations........
Year 4, no expectations.......5 seed.
year 5, very high expectations............................

Twins are on the same plan. Crap.

Pretty sure he is talking about his second year when they were predicted/expected to be a tourney team and they were awful. Hard to argue right now the effort level is very concerning. Outside of Iowa and Wisconsin would say we are the next biggest disappointment.

Northwestern?

Assuming no hickups Vs Drake, Lane Muffin University, Harvard and Robert who swallows, 11-7 in the Big ten will get us 22 wins pre BTT. I said 12 at the start of the year and I am sticking to it. Bet we go into the dance 24-10 again. Probably six seed

I prefer to view one game at a time. Whatever happens in March, happens in March.

I prefer to view one game at a time. Whatever happens in March, happens in March.

This and only this. Critique in real time, but sentiments and teams change by the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. Some people on this board are reacting like the Gophers on a double team. We have great talent in our starting 5, it's still too early to tell if IW will mature or if Harris gets some minutes. Leadership, hustle and desire can improve over the season and we will be a tourney team. The ? I think is how much does this team want to work to get better.

Exactly. Some people on this board are reacting like the Gophers on a double team. We have great talent in our starting 5, it's still too early to tell if IW will mature or if Harris gets some minutes. Leadership, hustle and desire can improve over the season and we will be a tourney team. The ? I think is how much does this team want to work to get better.

Yep, definitely shouldn't overreact to a couple of games. That said, the way we lost is certainly a bit concerning. We were handled pretty well by both Nebraska and Arkansas and were not really in the game against either of them. Team has some definite things to work on but thankfully there is time to get it done. Still a very good team and as most have said a lock to make the tournament baring a meltdown of epic proportions but there are some things that will have to be cleaned up if this team hopes to advance in the big dance.

Top Bottom