What Happened to this Team?

Thinking about when they lost their mojo...seems to me it was after the Alabama game. Could it be there was more fall out from that fiasco then we know about? Mason particularly seems to have lost mojo and leadership skills since that game. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mason is the guy I'm most watching now. My eyes tell me he's having trouble adjusting/accepting he's no longer the lead dog. Too many quick jacks instead of trying to get it inside, first.

Lead dog is Murphy's title now (and to a lesser extent Coffey), and the Gophers need to play accordingly, through Murph. If that hurts Mason's id (understandable), he needs to move past that, sooner the better.

Mason is the guy I'm most watching now. My eyes tell me he's having trouble adjusting/accepting he's no longer the lead dog. Too many quick jacks instead of trying to get it inside, first.

Lead dog is Murphy's title now (and to a lesser extent Coffey), and the Gophers need to play accordingly, through Murph. If that hurts Mason's id (understandable), he needs to move past that, sooner the better.

I think on any give night either of those three guys can be the leading scorer. I do worry about foot speed with this team (when playing teams with tall athletic players and the lack of hustle back on defense in transition).
I would like to see Lynch catch in the low post and go up strong instead of fade away.

Mason’s troubles started about the same time he cut his hair. Hmmm:confused:

Mason’s troubles started about the same time he cut his hair. Hmmm:confused:

Curry got hurt right around the time he cut his as well. Lynch and Murphy need to leave theirs alone.

I do think there is something going on with Mason attitude wise because it definitely feels like he is forcing things for himself at times as opposed to working within the framework of the offense.

Maybe this layoff will give them a chance to regroup and get back to having fun out there. I know winning makes things a lot more fun but in general it just feels like a lot of the joy this team played with last year is missing this season.

This is still the same team that believes the best defense is to take more shots than your opponent. How's that working for them?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Nebraska taking Kansas down to the wire and only losing by 1 may be an indication they are going to be a lot better than people think, that loss at Nebraska may not be that bad.

Nebraska taking Kansas down to the wire and only losing by 1 may be an indication they are going to be a lot better than people think, that loss at Nebraska may not be that bad.

Think the Kansas game showed that they are definitely better then they were last year and not a joke. Still not a good loss, especially since we were not really in the game but yeah they are clearly not a horrible team and do have some talent.

Rutgers beating 15 Seton Hall makes that win look better as well. Still need to wake up and play much much better but time has given some perspective.

I know this will be received as blasphemous, but isn't it possible that they just played two really good games against Providence and Alabama, and came back down to earth? Rather than them being a legit Final Four contender in a rough patch for some obscure reasons?

Occam's razor, if you will. Seems like the simplest and most likely explanation.

Washington never got $ to come here that is ridiculous.

Not saying he did or he didn't....but "ridiculous?" Really? You are aware that Richard was raised, and coached under, a man who just got canned for doing exactly that...in the same recruiting year that Richard got Washington.

You always hear that he actually learned more from Donovan (which is a crock)....but Donovan is from that same tree, and kind of mysteriously turned Florida in a basketball powerhouse overnight.....who has since faded since he left for the NBA.

He's literally spent his whole life learning from cheaters. Saying that possibility is ridiculous is ridiculous.

Not saying he did or he didn't....but "ridiculous?" Really? You are aware that Richard was raised, and coached under, a man who just got canned for doing exactly that...in the same recruiting year that Richard got Washington.

You always hear that he actually learned more from Donovan (which is a crock)....but Donovan is from that same tree, and kind of mysteriously turned Florida in a basketball powerhouse overnight.....who has since faded since he left for the NBA.

He's literally spent his whole life learning from cheaters. Saying that possibility is ridiculous is ridiculous.

Oh boy! I consider myself a creative thinker, but I sure as hell couldn’t conjure up that kind of fairytale.

I know this will be received as blasphemous, but isn't it possible that they just played two really good games against Providence and Alabama, and came back down to earth? Rather than them being a legit Final Four contender in a rough patch for some obscure reasons?

Occam's razor, if you will. Seems like the simplest and most likely explanation.

Typically good teams play good games, it's also the same group that won at Purdue, at Maryland and at Northwestern, and beat Sparty in the BTT. It's in them to be a good team

Florida went to the elite 8 last year. This is retarded. Washington offers weren't good enough to warrant paying him cash. Who were we gonna lose him too ****in Rutgers, Seton Hall?

?

Donovan's first 2 seasons at Florida, he had records of 13-17 and 14-15. And Lon Kruger took Florida to the Final Four either 2 or 3 years before Donovan was coach.

How is the simplest explanation that they played above their heads for 8 games and poorly for 3? Why wouldn't it be that they played to their ability for 8 games and played below it for 3?

Top Bottom