#1, 2, 5, 7 & 9 ALL lose to UNRANKED teams in one week! Gopher7633, where are you?

WriterGoph

Reaction score
#1, 2, 5, 7 & 9 ALL lose to UNRANKED teams in one week! Gopher7633, where are you?

Are you alright, sir? This has to be extremely tough for your Gophers bubble theory.

#1 Duke loses at UNRANKED BC (who was beaten by Nebraska).
#2 Kanasas loses at "home" to UNRANKED Washington.
#5 Florida loses at home to UNRANKED Loyola-Chicago AND FSU (who barely got by Rutgers).
#7 Texas A&M loses at UNRANKED Arizona (who was beaten by 25 by Purdue, NC State and SMU).
#9 Notre Dame loses at home to UNRANKED Ball State.

Each of these losses - other than maybe A&M's to Zona - is clearly much more "unacceptable" than the Gophers losing at Nebraska.

Are you alright, sir? This has to be extremely tough for your Gophers bubble theory.

#1 Duke loses at UNRANKED BC (who was beaten by Nebraska).
#2 Kanasas loses at "home" to UNRANKED Washington.
#5 Florida loses at home to UNRANKED Loyola-Chicago AND FSU (who barely got by Rutgers).
#7 Texas A&M loses at UNRANKED Arizona (who was beaten by 25 by Purdue, NC State and SMU).
#9 Notre Dame loses at home to UNRANKED Ball State.

Each of these losses - other than maybe A&M's to Zona - is clearly much more "unacceptable" than the Gophers losing at Nebraska.

It serves as a reminder to why we love CBB. These kids aren't professionals. Anything can happen any day. Looking forward to getting back on track tonight.

I wonder if fans of those teams melted down over those losses as much as certain Gopher fans did against Nebraska.

Definitely underscores that one loss should not define a season. That said this has been a crazy week seeing that many top teams fall to unranked teams.

Here's hoping we can avoid a second loss to an unranked team this week however if we do come up on the short end today this certainly would not be viewed as a bad loss considering who we are up against.

With the importance of the 3, the inconsistent refs, the 5 foul rule and the emotions/craziness of 18-22 year olds, anyone can lose whenever. For the Gophers it's especially true as they're also dealing with expectations for the first time

It serves as a reminder to why we love CBB. These kids aren't professionals. Anything can happen any day. Looking forward to getting back on track tonight.

Exactly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol. Just saw this thread. Please keep misquoting me. I was merely painting scenario's. If we go 11-7 in B1G play, we'd be best served not to lose the first game of the B1G tournament. Based on how we've played the last 2 weeks, I'm not sure 11-7 is attainable. Hope I'm wrong.

Plus all those teams you mentioned play in much tougher leagues, with much more opportunities for quality wins. Gophers lose to Michigan State and Purdue twice, they'll go all season with maybe 1 or 2 top 50 wins. Not gonna cut it.

lol. Just saw this thread. Please keep misquoting me. I was merely painting scenario's. If we go 11-7 in B1G play, we'd be best served not to lose the first game of the B1G tournament. Based on how we've played the last 2 weeks, I'm not sure 11-7 is attainable. Hope I'm wrong.

Plus all those teams you mentioned play in much tougher leagues, with much more opportunities for quality wins. Gophers lose to Michigan State and Purdue twice, they'll go all season with maybe 1 or 2 top 50 wins. Not gonna cut it.

If we run the table, because we play like we did the first two weeks, we should be seeded as a 2. No worries then. Why so doom and gloom this early in the season.
This team went through a similar stretch last year and the bottom didn't fall out. They played poorly last night, but still found a way to push through and get a win, which is ALWAYS better than a loss no matter who the team is or where it is ranked. They are getting some time off and can regroup, find their form, figure out the defensive adjustments and go on a run of wins.

If we run the table, because we play like we did the first two weeks, we should be seeded as a 2. No worries then. Why so doom and gloom this early in the season.
This team went through a similar stretch last year and the bottom didn't fall out. They played poorly last night, but still found a way to push through and get a win, which is ALWAYS better than a loss no matter who the team is or where it is ranked. They are getting some time off and can regroup, find their form, figure out the defensive adjustments and go on a run of wins.

I'm not being doom and gloom. We've played like crap the last 2 weeks. Right now we're projected to finish 9-9 in conference play according to Sagarin's predictor model. That sure as hell isn't going to get us in the tournament.

Great post. As frustrating as this stretch has been, there's so much overreaction on here (I know that's to be expected on any fan forum). Just like a game, there are ups and downs in every season. Have we already forgotten about the 5-game losing streak last year?

I'm not being doom and gloom. We've played like crap the last 2 weeks. Right now we're projected to finish 9-9 in conference play according to Sagarin's predictor model. That sure as hell isn't going to get us in the tournament.

Predictions are just that. If they weren't, why even play the rest of the season out?
If they continue to play like they have in stretches over the past two weeks, the only way they will make the tournament would be to win the BIG tourney. If they improve their play and play similar to what they did to open the season, they will not go 9-9 during the regular season. More like 13-5 and that will get them into the tournament.
They have 10 days here to get back to some basics and working on their defense rotations. There is still a lot of ball to be played. The Gophers will be fine.

Top Bottom