STrib: Gophers' Eric Curry bides his time following serious knee injury

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Sitting out has been hard. But Gophers staff, teammates and family have kept Curry’s spirits high. Curry said he is working on gaining strength back and does rehab daily.

“Everybody’s been real good keeping my head up, keeping my head straight and making me stay focused,” Curry said. “Just telling me everything is going to be better next year.”

After suffering two losses in the past three games, Curry has been encouraging teammates, especially the two players trying to fill his role, Davonte Fitzgerald and Michael Hurt.

“I just try to keep their head up and tell them the little things I did for the team,” Curry said. “As I’m watching the games, I try to give them advice on what can help them and just focusing on the defensive end. If you take care of things on the defensive end and don’t worry about anything else but getting rebounds and loose balls, doing the little things really helps out a lot.”

When Curry sees his folks Saturday, they likely will tell him not to feel down and that he will have a big season next year. But Curry doesn’t want his injury to keep the Gophers from reaching their goals this season.

“We have all the pieces,” he said. “We just have to get a couple more guys to step up. And we’ll be fine.”

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...time-following-serious-knee-injury/462918633/

Go Gophers!!

Why would he feel down, he should know that he is a wonderful talent?

per Marcus:

Sitting out has been hard. But Gophers staff, teammates and family have kept Curry’s spirits high. Curry said he is working on gaining strength back and does rehab daily.

“Everybody’s been real good keeping my head up, keeping my head straight and making me stay focused,” Curry said. “Just telling me everything is going to be better next year.”

After suffering two losses in the past three games, Curry has been encouraging teammates, especially the two players trying to fill his role, Davonte Fitzgerald and Michael Hurt.

“I just try to keep their head up and tell them the little things I did for the team,” Curry said. “As I’m watching the games, I try to give them advice on what can help them and just focusing on the defensive end. If you take care of things on the defensive end and don’t worry about anything else but getting rebounds and loose balls, doing the little things really helps out a lot.”

When Curry sees his folks Saturday, they likely will tell him not to feel down and that he will have a big season next year. But Curry doesn’t want his injury to keep the Gophers from reaching their goals this season.

“We have all the pieces,” he said. “We just have to get a couple more guys to step up. And we’ll be fine.”

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...time-following-serious-knee-injury/462918633/

Go Gophers!!

this

While it sucks to not have him this year having him around to help Oturo next year will be huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has to be especially tough for him to miss this game today.

Top Bottom