All things eLITe18 Palooza

Or you could slice the life out of a healthy glorious happily growing plant. Just chop it off! And then boil it or steam it to death. Oh, now we are talking!!! So much better. So let's guess you are a tofu guy...https://draxe.com/what-is-tofu/ No longer gonna eat that either? You might just starve worrying about all these things.

How or what exactly are you going to feed these 250-350 pound football guys to grow them stronger and build muscle? It's football! It is barbaric! Don't watch! They gotta eat!!!

https://www.rodalesorganiclife.com/food/6-healthiest-meats-for-you-and-the-planet
Geez, some of you are so sensitive... You know not everyone on here has an agenda and an axe to grind. Some of us just like writing a ridiculous story, for the sheer humor of it. Some people enjoy a good laugh you know. If you can't see that my post was meant to be funny, that's your issue. For those who enjoy humor, I hope my weird sense of humor made you chuckle. For the rest, you can continue being butt hurt over a perceived slight that doesn't exist. Believe me, I don't care what anyone else eats. I DO care about having a chuckle on here with my fellow Gopher fans, when I can.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Geez, some of you are so sensitive... You know not everyone on here has an agenda and an axe to grind. Some of us just like writing a ridiculous story, for the sheer humor of it. Some people enjoy a good laugh you know. If you can't see that my post was meant to be funny, that's your issue. For those who enjoy humor, I hope my weird sense of humor made you chuckle. For the rest, you can continue being butt hurt over a perceived slight that doesn't exist. Believe me, I don't care what anyone else eats. I DO care about having a chuckle on here with my fellow Gopher fans, when I can.

I found it amusing and didn't take offense to your jovial post.

Drove by TCF Stadium on the way home yesterday evening. Lit up like a Christmas Tree.

Could see the main scoreboard while at the redlight and ELITE-type messages were being displayed.

Marketing has certainly ramped up under the new regime.

Went to Manny's Thanksgiving week. It was subpar and over priced. Twin Cities Grill in MOA is much better value and quality, as is Pittsburgh Blue

Not sure about the other two you mention, but have heard from multiple people that Manny's is not worth the price. Five-star price for a three to four star experience.

Have been to Capital Grille before, and that was worth the money in my personal experience. To each his own ...

Funny posts are funny.
When you order a filet medium rare, and it comes out medium well, and then medium when you send the first one back, I would say the other two, from my experience, are much better at getting the temperature of a steak correct, at roughly half the price.

Petty posts are petty

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If you don't like Manny's, trying going to Ruth Crist on 10th St & 2nd Ave. That is another restaurant to take recruits to.
Been there, also a good joint, as are Murray's, Capital Grill, and the St. Paul Grill.

When you order a filet medium rare, and it comes out medium well, and then medium when you send the first one back, I would say the other two, from my experience, are much better at getting the temperature of a steak correct, at roughly half the price.

Petty posts are petty

I have a theory about folks that send food back. I'm guessing your above story isn't the only time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a theory about folks that send food back. I'm guessing your above story isn't the only time.

I would love to hear it.
Honestly, that was the first time ever. If I'm spending that much, and the steak is that over cooked, it should be sent back. If you ordered clothes online and got the wrong size, would you keep them?

I would love to hear it.
Honestly, that was the first time ever. <b>If I'm spending that much, and the steak is that over cooked, it should be sent back. </b>If you ordered clothes online and got the wrong size, would you keep them?

The bolded is fair enough. I'll save my theory as it seems it doesn't apply to you. Most my theories are wrong anyways (but I do have a lot of them so I figure some gotta be right).

Oops didn't mean to click on the All things eLITe18 steakhouse thread.

My bad for thinking this was about recruiting

Oops didn't mean to click on the All things eLITe18 steakhouse thread.

My bad for thinking this was about recruiting
My bad. I didn't know my personal preference comment would lead down this rabbit hole. I should have known better as opinions are invalid if not held by others.

And if you don't like that, go tackle a cow. Then end it's life. I wouldn't be so presumptuous as to suggest a means of death for said cow, but I'd hope it's relatively painless. Then you'll have to process the carcass, and remove the bowels, you know, just to wet your appetite. Then it's on to the hacking and cutting.. (I know, it's getting sexy sounding for me too.) Once you get that part done, given your spouse hasn't divorced you yet for violently accosting and murdering an unsuspecting cow, you then proceed to make fire. Then throw those hunks on there, until they look sufficiently cooked, then eat. Mmmmm... BBQ!

I can see a recruiting headline: From slaughter to table - players harvest their own meat. Have the recruits butcher a cow, then dress it, and then cook it on the grill. There will be enough for the entire OV class. Traumatize these kids, and they will never eat meat again.

“Laws (and war) are like sausages. It's better not to see them being made.”
― Otto von Bismarck

Steakhouse arguments are more annoying than the "rankings matter" discussions

Segue attempt: we have a lot at “steak” this weekend.

Any thoughts on the two unidentified players? Williams seems a solid bet for one and Palmer for the other but any chance Isaiah Bolden is here?

The bolded is fair enough. I'll save my theory as it seems it doesn't apply to you. Most my theories are wrong anyways (but I do have a lot of them so I figure some gotta be right).

This is the place to air them out. Being serious here. That's the point of internet message boards/discussion forums: it's the place to be heard, when you have no where else to be heard.

My bad. I didn't know my personal preference comment would lead down this rabbit hole. I should have known better as opinions are invalid if not held by others.

LOL! Yep, you nailed it. How dare you voice your opinion on an internet message board.

I mean, let's be honest ... this thread was just over-flowing with hot tidbids and reports about how the weekend was going so far. This truly is info HQ, right here. Let us not distract from all the insider info that's gushing. I mean we all pay good money to access this thread! [/s]

I would love to hear it.
Honestly, that was the first time ever. If I'm spending that much, and the steak is that over cooked, it should be sent back. If you ordered clothes online and got the wrong size, would you keep them?

Never argue about steak with a guy who has meat in his name.

GH is a dysfunctional family. But, there is plenty of Gopher love to go around after any heated discussions or excursions from the thread topics. It will be too boring if everything is honkie-dorie news tidbits only.

We are care for our beloved Gopher Football. Everybody gets something out of it.

It's F.A.M.I.L.Y.! RTB

I'm just going to jump ahead on this steak argument now...

"Why would I pay money for a good steak when I can make one even better at home, myself?"

So it looks like we need to create a third thread about the recruiting weekend! This one has gone off track also... focus guys....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And if you don't like that, go tackle a cow. Then end it's life. I wouldn't be so presumptuous as to suggest a means of death for said cow, but I'd hope it's relatively painless. Then you'll have to process the carcass, and remove the bowels, you know, just to wet your appetite. Then it's on to the hacking and cutting.. (I know, it's getting sexy sounding for me too.) Once you get that part done, given your spouse hasn't divorced you yet for violently accosting and murdering an unsuspecting cow, you then proceed to make fire. Then throw those hunks on there, until they look sufficiently cooked, then eat. Mmmmm... BBQ!

Nah, just knock the horns off and lead it in here mooing. I like it a little on the rarer side. [emoji12]

I can see a recruiting headline: From slaughter to table - players harvest their own meat. Have the recruits butcher a cow, then dress it, and then cook it on the grill. There will be enough for the entire OV class. Traumatize these kids, and they will never eat meat again.

“Laws (and war) are like sausages. It's better not to see them being made.”
― Otto von Bismarck
That's funny, I was thinking of that exact quote when writing my post. I'm glad you get the joke... Plus the mental picture of someone tackling a cow is inherently funny. Lol

Many years ago a friend came to town and I took him out for a steak dinner.

He ordered a filet mignon cooked "well done"...which i wondered about since I knew their filets were very, very thick.

When the filet arrived it still had a little pink in the middle...which was no surprise to me...so he sent it back. The cook cut it in half (aka 1/2 thick) and sent it back basically charred...like two hockey pucks on the plate with the bacon and garnish.

My friend thought this was perfect. Then he asked for the ketchup...

I was just glad he liked it but I don't ever plan going to a steak house with him again either.

Me, I like to hear mooing just before it gets to me...and no need for ketchup or steak sauce...plenty of juices. Each to his own I guess.

You are a brave soul if you send food back. Cooks don't appreciate that and have free reign with your food to do as they wish. I knew a cook once who said you should never ever send your food back - no matter what. <I>Food</I> for thought.

You are a brave soul if you send food back. Cooks don't appreciate that and have free reign with your food to do as they wish. I knew a cook once who said you should never ever send your food back - no matter what. <I>Food</I> for thought.

Trust me if I say never get a cook very pissed off. I've worked in restaurants before. That is all I am going to say. I feel most sorry for you if you are a politician or a celebrity. If a cook comes out of the kitchen to look at you after you sent food back, don't eat the food!

So I guess my sense of humor is more twisted than yours...who'd a guessed...:rolleyes:

Top Bottom