Arkansas: one of most anticipated non-conference home games of the Mike Anderson era

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Arkansas sports:

The Arkansas men’s basketball team welcomes just its sixth ranked non-conference opponent to Bud Walton Arena on Saturday and less than 1,000 tickets remain as the Razorbacks are set to take on No. 14 Minnesota.

In one of the most anticipated non-conference home games of the Mike Anderson era, more than 18,000 fans are expected to roll into The Basketball Palace of Mid-America Saturday evening for the 5:45 p.m. tip-off on SEC Network. New Arkansas head football coach Chad Morris will be in attendance at Saturday’s game and will address fans at a timeout during the first half.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/bud-will-be-rocking-saturday-night/

Go Gophers!!

We aren't doing well against teams with new football coaches...Darn.

With the weird schedule playing two conference games in early December followed by a non-conference road game where the Arkansas crowd should be all jacked up this has all the makings of the Gophers getting blown out.

With the weird schedule playing two conference games in early December followed by a non-conference road game where the Arkansas crowd should be all jacked up this has all the makings of the Gophers getting blown out.

I don't see us getting blown out as I don't see the game being called as close as it was in the early conference games. Like Nebraska went off the rails in part because of foul trouble. It's going to come down to what we get out of our front court. The times Arkansas has looked vulnerable is against good bigs so this is a big game for Murph and Reggie. Arkansas use a 3 guard lineup too and in that case Amir's going to have a size advantage more often than not. We need him to bounce back. I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.

It's cool that another school is excited that the Gophers are coming to play them. It usually the other way around for us

I don't see us getting blown out as I don't see the game being called as close as it was in the early conference games. Like Nebraska went off the rails in part because of foul trouble. It's going to come down to what we get out of our front court. The times Arkansas has looked vulnerable is against good bigs so this is a big game for Murph and Reggie. Arkansas use a 3 guard lineup too and in that case Amir's going to have a size advantage more often than not. We need him to bounce back. I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.

That and Nebraska strategy was to start a junk yard brawl and it worked, they were at home, crowd fired up, refs in the big ten are notorious for catering to the home team under fan pressure. Arkansas more of a finesse team IMO we should be alright if we focus

It's cool that another school is excited that the Gophers are coming to play them. It usually the other way around for us

This. Now if can get someone excited to play us in football we'll be in business.

Good. Maintain your pessimism. Things always go off the rails when we start thinking highly of ourselves. There are many Viking fans I'd like to smack these days.

Good. Maintain your pessimism. Things always go off the rails when we start thinking highly of ourselves. There are many Viking fans I'd like to smack these days.

Nothing to do with the season going off the rails bubble watch time if the Gophers lose. This could be a spot that doesn’t set up well for the Gophers. Nothing more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You called it. Credit to you

Top Bottom