Week 15 Other Game Thread - Army vs Navy

Stan

Reaction score
America's finest men in pads will battle it out in one of college football's finest annual games.

Helm Yeah! We have Big Gas Ships and can write man parts with our jets. Beat Army!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARMY / NAVY 2017

Random thoughts:

1. I thoroughly enjoy ARMY vs NAVY and everything the game and players represent.

2. 2 Minnesota Kids on ARMY Roster (from their website):
#45 Gavin Bassett - Hometown: Farmington, MN High School: Farmington (USMAPS) - Fr. LB
#82 Kjetil Cline - Hometown: Woodbury, MN High School: IMG Academy - So. WR

3. There are No Minnesota Kids listed on NAVY Roster.

4. Navy was first to unveil uniforms - last week - A Tribute to the Blue Angels.

5. Army unveiled their uniforms - this week - A Tribute to the Pando Commandos (10th Mountain Division). SIDE NOTE: Bill Bowerman, Co-Founder of Nike and former Oregon Track Coach and former Senator Bob Dole were members of the Pando Commandos.

6. I really like what Army and Nike did in teaming up to create a website on the uniform. It was informative, unique, and educational. I'm interested in others' opinions on this -- for those willing to take a look.

7. To all you GopherHole Members who have served, are serving, or will be serving --- THANK YOU and may all players return safely home upon the completion of their military assignments.

Go ARMY beat NAVY! Go NAVY beat ARMY!

When I was in the Air Force in the 80's and early 90's, it seemed no one in the Air Force paid any attention to Air Force sports. Was it different in the Army and Navy?

Warning: Not an Army-Navy comment here. I'm watching both the NDSU/Wofford and the UW Oshkosh/Mount Union playoff games today. Receivers are making great catches everywhere. Seeing how FCS and D3 receivers can catch everything, it's hard to believe the Gophies have had so much trouble at that position. Geez.

11 play 7 minute drive for Army to open the game. 7-0. With these two teams it's like running time...

I think a second or third tier could hire a triple option coach and it could allow them to be uniquely good in some years.
Might be good for a school like Minnesota, Indiana, Rutgers to find a niche to win 5-8 every year and maybe make a run if everything went right...but it would be infuriating to watch and I would never want me Team to do it.

Tight, hard-fought game.

Feel bad for that Navy kicker. Great kick in those conditions from 48 yards. Those two false starts really screwed him

Wonderful game.
It was altogether fitting and proper (tribute to the 10th Mountain Division) that the game was played in snow.

Army finally figured out how to make a good camouflage pattern. And yes I rooted for Army.

Top Bottom