Scott Frost Press Conference

hungan1

Reaction score
FYI - Bill Moos' Scott Frost intro: "A celebration of bringing one of our own home", "We got the pick of the litter".

The B1G West coaching has just been upgraded again. The Gopher challenge just got harder.

UGh...

He was talking all about culture... enough already!

Watched the whole press conference. Frost will return the Huskers to their old Glory. An emotional return by a talented coach. We will have battles with them for a long time. The West has gotten a lot tougher in the last 2 years. Great football ahead.

Watched the whole press conference. Frost will return the Huskers to their old Glory. An emotional return by a talented coach. We will have battles with them for a long time. The West has gotten a lot tougher in the last 2 years. Great football ahead.

If Frost really can return them to the 1990s form... they won't be much of a battle.

I'm pretty confident he will be successful at Nebraska. Maybe being tired had some impact but Scott Frost is quite the contrast to PJ.

If Frost really can return them to the 1990s form... they won't be much of a battle.

They won national titles in 1994, 1995, and 1997. Twenty years is nothing compared to the fifty+ years drought in Minnesota.

Their fans are not as long suffering.

They won national titles in 1994, 1995, and 1997. Twenty years is nothing compared to the fifty+ years drought in Minnesota.

Did you mean to quote me?

No idea what that has to do with what I said...

Frost was a deserved hot name this year. His name was elevated even more due to the Nebraska opening. He is not quite Osborne Jr. yet as he has possesses a similar coaching pedigree to other former FCS coaches who made the jump. He and Nebraska are all in on this hire. If Frost fails it will be very difficult for Nebraska to get rid of one of "their own". He CANNOT bring the defense that he had with UCF to the Big 10.

He appeared quiet and confident. When asked how he would have to adjust his system to the B1G he responded that he hoped the B1G would have to adjust to his system.

And the fan and media support at Nebraska far outweighs Minnesota’s. I think their is an opportunity to change that over the next few years though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really looking forward to Minnesota and Nebraska breaking the stranglehold that Whiskey has had on this division.

Frost was a deserved hot name this year. His name was elevated even more due to the Nebraska opening. He is not quite Osborne Jr. yet as he has possesses a similar coaching pedigree to other former FCS coaches who made the jump. He and Nebraska are all in on this hire. If Frost fails it will be very difficult for Nebraska to get rid of one of "their own". He CANNOT bring the defense that he had with UCF to the Big 10.

Coaching on both sides of the ball, playing 7 years in the NFL, leading, coaching, and recruiting on 4 FBS conference championships is not like jumping from the FCS.

If we're competitive with them, Nebraska will be no where near their glory days. Glory days, to them would be beating the west by 40 on a routine basis, that will not happen. This isn't the Big 8. He can have Pelini or Solich success win eight to ten games a year and have a couple special seasons a decade, but this fanbase needs to figure out their place or they'll be back to the drawing board in three to five years

I think Frost will do a fine job.

The guy has a good, deadpan sense of humor.

Part of what he said is the same as most coaches say.

"We'll outwork other teams".
PJ said the same thing. I'd give PJ the advantage over Frost in how much of the time of day he is working and how much time he is spending recruiting. Doesn't mean that PJ will be more successful.

"We need to keep in-state kids in-state".

Probably true. Not sure how the high level division 1 athlete count is in Nebraska compared to MN.

If we're competitive with them, Nebraska will be no where near their glory days. Glory days, to them would be beating the west by 40 on a routine basis, that will not happen. This isn't the Big 8. He can have Pelini or Solich success win eight to ten games a year and have a couple special seasons a decade, but this fanbase needs to figure out their place or they'll be back to the drawing board in three to five years

I think after having one of their own golden son's coming back, they'll realize it's not the same if and when he's not blowing out everyone by 40 points.

I would venture most of their fans would be happy winning the Big Ten West every 2nd or 3rd year. In reality though, they might win it every 4th year or so. Question then will be if that's good enough, and with their own guy, it probably will be. Especially if the west Champions are competing with and defeating the BTE.

Frost will probably be very successful at Nebraska - and, if so, he could become another Osborne, staying for decades. But I don't think he'll succeed there with the UCF system, on offense or defense (where he was 93rd in the nation and gave up 750 yards and 48 points in the title game). Teams that pass that much generally don't have good defenses against the run (Wacker here, Callahan & Riley at Neb.) and you have to stop the run to win in the B1G. Still, the Big Red will be much improved and shake things up. If we improve, along with Purdue, the West will be formidable, with Wisconsin, Northwestern and Iowa hanging in there, too.

Wish as he may to return Nebraska football to Osborne like heights, it will be as much an uphill battle as we have here in Minnesota.

The Osborne California and Texas pipelines are gone, and the stunts that he was able to pull to keep players out of jail and academically eligible are gone too.

Plus the fact that the luster of the Cornhusker pedigree has had no shine since before current recruits were born... it won't be as easy to get 'em to come to Lincoln as it used to be. These kids have no idea who Johnny Rodgers, or IM Hipp was, and the thrills found on "O" Street are pretty easy to top elsewhere.

My $ 0.02

Frost will probably be very successful at Nebraska - and, if so, he could become another Osborne, staying for decades. But I don't think he'll succeed there with the UCF system, on offense or defense (where he was 93rd in the nation and gave up 750 yards and 48 points in the title game). Teams that pass that much generally don't have good defenses against the run (Wacker here, Callahan & Riley at Neb.) and you have to stop the run to win in the B1G. Still, the Big Red will be much improved and shake things up. If we improve, along with Purdue, the West will be formidable, with Wisconsin, Northwestern and Iowa hanging in there, too.

Yup, I think he'll be competitive but defense has to improve. He talked about bringing his staff with him...no need to change. The other thing UCF was like #75 in recruiting with an undefeated season and it wasn't year one. He said he wanted to stay at UCF and maybe kids didn't believe him and that was a factor but still...they were not recruiting well this year. So, definitely those two areas got get better....defense and recruiting, unless they can keep scoring 60?

I agree with you about the defense but I disagree they run a passing offense. Here are some offenses they out-rushed this year.
Michigan
Oklahoma
Minnesota
Arkansas
Penn State
Virginia Tech
Michigan State
Maryland

They were a very balanced offense in my experience watching 3’of their games this year.

You are long suffering if you have to live in Nebraska.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

He appeared quiet and confident. When asked how he would have to adjust his system to the B1G he responded that he hoped the B1G would have to adjust to his system.

Now that's funny. How could Nebraska's defense get any worse? Hire Scott Frost.

IMHO, his chances of winning a national title would've been much better in Florida than in Nebraska. Florida is the biggest recruiting hot bed.

Funny going back and reading some of our initial thoughts. While I didn't post in this thread. I did think it was a good fit at the time and thought he'd return them to national relevance. To see his bottom this program out is delicious. What a smug coach and delusional fan base, albeit a friendly delusional fan base.

Go Gophers!!

He should go be a coordinator somewhere. I just don’t think he has the personality to be a head coach…I doubt his players like him that much

He should go be a coordinator somewhere. I just don’t think he has the personality to be a head coach…I doubt his players like him that much
He didn't climb the coaching ladder like others who learned to coach and run a football program from ground zero. PJ Fleck is so refreshing now.

Top Bottom