Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In Murray Warmath's basement
    Posts
    4,717
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Scott Frost Press Conference

    FYI - Bill Moos' Scott Frost intro: "A celebration of bringing one of our own home", "We got the pick of the litter".

    The B1G West coaching has just been upgraded again. The Gopher challenge just got harder.

    Last edited by hungan1; 12-06-2017 at 09:21 PM.
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." -Muhammad Ali


  2. Default

    I bet multiple media outlets declare that he "won the press conference".

  3. Default

    UGh...

    He was talking all about culture... enough already!

  4. #4

    Default

    Watched the whole press conference. Frost will return the Huskers to their old Glory. An emotional return by a talented coach. We will have battles with them for a long time. The West has gotten a lot tougher in the last 2 years. Great football ahead.
    Kingdom Warriors

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    Watched the whole press conference. Frost will return the Huskers to their old Glory. An emotional return by a talented coach. We will have battles with them for a long time. The West has gotten a lot tougher in the last 2 years. Great football ahead.
    If Frost really can return them to the 1990s form... they won't be much of a battle.

  6. #6

    Default

    I'm pretty confident he will be successful at Nebraska. Maybe being tired had some impact but Scott Frost is quite the contrast to PJ.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In Murray Warmath's basement
    Posts
    4,717
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    If Frost really can return them to the 1990s form... they won't be much of a battle.
    They won national titles in 1994, 1995, and 1997. Twenty years is nothing compared to the fifty+ years drought in Minnesota.

    Their fans are not as long suffering.
    Last edited by hungan1; 12-06-2017 at 11:03 PM.
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." -Muhammad Ali

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post
    They won national titles in 1994, 1995, and 1997. Twenty years is nothing compared to the fifty+ years drought in Minnesota.

    Their fans are not as long suffering.
    Did you mean to quote me?

    No idea what that has to do with what I said...

  9. #9

    Default

    Frost was a deserved hot name this year. His name was elevated even more due to the Nebraska opening. He is not quite Osborne Jr. yet as he has possesses a similar coaching pedigree to other former FCS coaches who made the jump. He and Nebraska are all in on this hire. If Frost fails it will be very difficult for Nebraska to get rid of one of "their own". He CANNOT bring the defense that he had with UCF to the Big 10.

  10. #10

    Default

    He appeared quiet and confident. When asked how he would have to adjust his system to the B1G he responded that he hoped the B1G would have to adjust to his system.
    Kingdom Warriors

  11. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post
    They won national titles in 1994, 1995, and 1997. Twenty years is nothing compared to the fifty+ years drought in Minnesota.

    Their fans are not as long suffering.
    And the fan and media support at Nebraska far outweighs Minnesota’s. I think their is an opportunity to change that over the next few years though.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The wrong place
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    I'm really looking forward to Minnesota and Nebraska breaking the stranglehold that Whiskey has had on this division.
    I’m a light eater. As soon as it’s light, I start to eat. And I'm on a seefood diet. If I can see food, I'll eat it.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    North St. Paul
    Posts
    6,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1967 2.0 View Post
    Frost was a deserved hot name this year. His name was elevated even more due to the Nebraska opening. He is not quite Osborne Jr. yet as he has possesses a similar coaching pedigree to other former FCS coaches who made the jump. He and Nebraska are all in on this hire. If Frost fails it will be very difficult for Nebraska to get rid of one of "their own". He CANNOT bring the defense that he had with UCF to the Big 10.
    Coaching on both sides of the ball, playing 7 years in the NFL, leading, coaching, and recruiting on 4 FBS conference championships is not like jumping from the FCS.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    5,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    Watched the whole press conference. Frost will return the Huskers to their old Glory. An emotional return by a talented coach. We will have battles with them for a long time. The West has gotten a lot tougher in the last 2 years. Great football ahead.
    If we're competitive with them, Nebraska will be no where near their glory days. Glory days, to them would be beating the west by 40 on a routine basis, that will not happen. This isn't the Big 8. He can have Pelini or Solich success win eight to ten games a year and have a couple special seasons a decade, but this fanbase needs to figure out their place or they'll be back to the drawing board in three to five years

  15. Default

    I think Frost will do a fine job.

    The guy has a good, deadpan sense of humor.

    Part of what he said is the same as most coaches say.

    "We'll outwork other teams".
    PJ said the same thing. I'd give PJ the advantage over Frost in how much of the time of day he is working and how much time he is spending recruiting. Doesn't mean that PJ will be more successful.

    "We need to keep in-state kids in-state".

    Probably true. Not sure how the high level division 1 athlete count is in Nebraska compared to MN.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •