VIDEO: Did Herm Edwards forget he's a Sun Devil?

I’ve been in Tempe for the last three days. Positive buzz here.

I’ve been in Tempe for the last three days. Positive buzz here.

I’ve been here four years. Fan base is underwhelmed. This guy will make RichRod and the GrahamCracker look like Frank Kush.

I’ve been here four years. Fan base is underwhelmed. This guy will make RichRod and the GrahamCracker look like Frank Kush.

Ok.... positive buzz in Zipps Sports Bar in Tempe....

I think he's forgotten a lot of things over the years. It's one thing to retread Bill Walsh or Jim Harbaugh back into college -- guys with ties to their school and were very successful NFL guys. It's entirely another to hire a guy who hasn't coached college in 30 years, football of any sort in 10 years, and wasn't real successful (54-74, two firings) when he did. He barely knows the school mascot, let alone has any ties there. The only thing Herm knows is the ASU AD, and he's a crony hire.

Fail. I would be so PO'ed if Minnesota did this.

How long has it been since he's coached......
When given an ASU jersey, he asked if it was a girl's size.

Wow. I mean, just wow. So many of these:

picard-facepalm.jpg

Ok.... positive buzz in Zipps Sports Bar in Tempe....

Zipp’s is not a sports bar, it’s a strip joint. There’s always a positive buzz...

;)

Zipp’s is not a sports bar, it’s a strip joint. There’s always a positive buzz...

;)

My business receipt has a Buffalo Chicken sandwich and 4 tap beers on it.... I must have been facing the wrong direction.

Saw Edwards on NFL Live on ESPN during my lunch. I guess he hasn't started coaching yet?

Saw Edwards on NFL Live on ESPN during my lunch. I guess he hasn't started coaching yet?

Those were exactly my thoughts as well. Shouldn't he be out hitting the recruiting trail with the new early signing period coming up on December 20?

Those were exactly my thoughts as well. Shouldn't he be out hitting the recruiting trail with the new early signing period coming up on December 20?

He said something about "I'm gonna go back to Bristol and do my job." Not exact words but Bristol was mentioned and I just shook my head.

This could be one of the more baffling hires in the college ranks that I can remember.

I believe today was his last day at ESPN. Pretty crazy he wouldn't assume coaching right away. I think he's leaving recruiting to the staff in place. None of the staff besides the HC changed.

Heaven help the poor Sun Devils.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

The DC is an older guy with strong roots/ties to the state of Texas, and had coached with Art Briles at Baylor for several years. 2017 was his first year out west. Think he just needed a break.
The OC is a younger guy with strong roots/ties to the deep south, and had coached there almost exclusively. 2017 was his first year out west. He is being given his first opportunity to be a head coach.

Both of these moves were completely out of Edwards control. Don't think it has anything to do with him. He will simply need to hire his own OC and DC, which is good anyway.

The DC is an older guy with strong roots/ties to the state of Texas, and had coached with Art Briles at Baylor for several years. 2017 was his first year out west. Think he just needed a break.
The OC is a younger guy with strong roots/ties to the deep south, and had coached there almost exclusively. 2017 was his first year out west. He is being given his first opportunity to be a head coach.

Both of these moves were completely out of Edwards control. Don't think it has anything to do with him. He will simply need to hire his own OC and DC, which is good anyway.

He should go after his last coordinators. Gunther Cunningham and Chan Gailey. I think they are both still alive..

He looks like a Sun Devil! That is 50% of the battle won.

Edwards simply promoted another guy on the previous staff to be the new OC.

Is he just lazy ... or what? Why does he simply want the previous staff to keep working for him? Why won't he interview and hire his own guys??

Edwards simply promoted another guy on the previous staff to be the new OC.

Is he just lazy ... or what? Why does he simply want the previous staff to keep working for him? Why won't he interview and hire his own guys??

Nope just an incredibly shiity head coach. He won't make it to the end of the 2019 season...

Top Bottom