Frank Ragnow voted All-SEC Center by Pro Football Focus

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Not sure how to share images, but former Gopher recruit and "one of us" Frank Ragnow had a 93.7 grade from PFF

I don't know what this means, but seems notable.

Don't you know? He's "one of us" because he lived in Minnesota, or something.

Yah. I remember a cutesy move involving ball caps.

He was also named a 1st team all-american by PFF

I don't care really, just found it interesting.

Hopefully the two OL's in the 2019 class are this good and for the Gophers.

Since we're concerned with players who are from Minnesota, but didn't play for the Gophers, how about the NSIC All-Conference Team? NSIC Offensive Player of the Year, WR Shane Zylstra from Spicer, MN, plays for Minnesota State Mankato.

http://northernsun.org/news/2017/11/15/2017-nsic-football-all-conference-teams-announced.aspx

I don't know of many instate lineman we lost in the last decade or so, but none of the ones that stayed were anywhere near as good as Ragnow. That's concerning.

Nice career.

Bad miss for us.

Bilema promised Ragnow he will be in the NFL if he signed with Arkansas and will get to play immediately. Kill fought, but lost a good one. It is a shame.

IIRC, Ragnow actually had FSU in his final 3 and I believe that’s where he was planning on going but they filled up. He was drawn to the SEC and went to Arkansas.

He was in the same class as Hassenauer and C. Mayes. I remember people drooling over the potential for that in that spring

Since we're concerned with players who are from Minnesota, but didn't play for the Gophers, how about the NSIC All-Conference Team? NSIC Offensive Player of the Year, WR Shane Zylstra from Spicer, MN, plays for Minnesota State Mankato.

http://northernsun.org/news/2017/11/15/2017-nsic-football-all-conference-teams-announced.aspx

His older brother Brandon just had a huge year in the CFL. He will be in the NFL next year.

https://www.cfl.ca/players/brandon-zylstra/162103/

I only really care about Minnesota and other regional guys the staff missed on because they flew under the radar. There seems to have been a concerning number of them in recent years who became stars but the Gophers didn't really look at.

I understand that no matter how hard our staff recruits or even how good the Gophers may get, some players will choose to leave the state for college. As long as the staff gave it a fair shot like Kill did with Ragnow, it's no big deal.

I don't know of many instate lineman we lost in the last decade or so, but none of the ones that stayed were anywhere near as good as Ragnow. That's concerning.

I disagree - off the top of my head, I believe Gjere and Lauer (at least) were both nearly as good as Ragnow, but both had injury issues that stalled their careers/ended them early.

I disagree - off the top of my head, I believe Gjere and Lauer (at least) were both nearly as good as Ragnow, but both had injury issues that stalled their careers/ended them early.

I consider staying healthy as part of being good. Maybe they had as much potential, but they certainly didn't fulfill it. When's the last time a gopher olinemen was even drafted?

Assuming this guy is living in Arkansas now as Minnesota wasn't good enough for him.

Top Bottom