Steven Richardson earns first team All B1G PFF

Shame he won't get drafted.

But he'll be a 10 year NFL player anyway. Have a feeling...

Shame he won't get drafted.

But he'll be a 10 year NFL player anyway. Have a feeling...

If he doesn't get drafted, I hope the Vikings bring him in as a UDFA for camp.

His game reminds me so much of Aaron Donald of the Rams. Undersized but crazy quick with good power. Don't forget that Mike Daniels of the pack is a 6' guy who plays DT and is really good. He will play on Sunday's. I think he will get drafted too in the later rounds.

But everyone on the twitter machine said he wasn’t doing anything this year!

That’s awesome - congrats to Steve!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His game reminds me so much of Aaron Donald of the Rams. Undersized but crazy quick with good power. Don't forget that Mike Daniels of the pack is a 6' guy who plays DT and is really good. He will play on Sunday's. I think he will get drafted too in the later rounds.

The problem is Richardson isn't 6'. He's 5'10". That'll keep him from being drafted.

Very good football player. Glad to see this recognition.

If his workouts are solid, I think someone will take a shot at him in the later rounds. Productive guy that doesn't have the measurables. Why not take a chance?

If his workouts are solid, I think someone will take a shot at him in the later rounds. Productive guy that doesn't have the measurables. Why not take a chance?

I agree with the sentiment, but I imagine NFL teams will go after guys with the measurables that they can "coach up" in the later rounds over guys like Richardson who maybe are more polished but simply will never be any bigger/taller. No reason to commit a pick to a guy like that if you can nab them as a UDFA.

I hope you're right though!

Height is a little overrated on the interior, IMO. You're trying to be low man most of the time. You're probably at a slight advantage if you have really long arms to keep hands off of you, but I don't think you're losing much in the way of obstructing passing lanes at 5'10" as opposed to 6'2." I don't think rushing the passer on third down is going to be his thing, regardless.

He doesn't have the quick-twitch explosiveness off the line that Donald does, but I think he could have a nice NFL career as a rotational early-down guy. Richardson next to an elite run-stopper like Linval Jospeh would be extremely tough to move in the run game.

Top Bottom