NBC Sports' National Player of the Year Power Rankings (#2. Jordan Murphy, Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score

Going to be tough to unseat Bagley but cool to see Murph so high on this list. As long as he keeps his level of play up he would seem like a great bet to land All American honors and he should certainly be in the mix for BIG POY. Of course there is still a long way to go but so far he has looked great and it doesn't feel like he is playing outside the team system trying to pad his numbers. That bodes well for him being able to keep on doing what he has been doing going forward. Hopefully he can run this double/double streak into double figures and then some.

Happy for Murph. Love what this can do for recruiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Murphy actually took a step forward during B1G play last year. He got his lunch handed to him by Wisconsin both times we played them but that was a tough matchup for him with Hayes being the senior statemen.

Same for his Freshman year, I take that as him just coming more into his own and I think he started starting a bit near the end of his freshman year as well.

I don’t recall when it was last year, but it seemed like a switch was flipped and Murphy bought into Pitino’s message that his bread is buttered by rebounding and putbacks. Once he got going close to the basket it was amazing. He continued that into this season and added a really nice dribble drive to his bag of tricks. Really fun to watch him now. I really believe if he sticks around for his senior year, coach P will free him up to shoot more threes (after another summer of intense work). To me, his shot already looks pretty decent. I think he can add that to his toolset and increase his draft stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom